Paultons Park

Rich

Jesus Christ, how or why would anyone want to compare a dark ride to an entire new area? They are completely different projects with completely different aims.

Not taking anything away from this as I'm sure it'll be fab, but to try and compare this to WC16 is, wrote frankly, ludicrous.

Because we need to make digs at Thorpe at every opportunity no matter how unrelated it may be.

Jesus Christ, how or why would anyone want to compare a dark ride to an entire new area? They are completely different projects with completely different aims.

Not taking anything away from this as I'm sure it'll be fab, but to try and compare this to WC16 is, wrote frankly, ludicrous.

Just comparing at the standard of 2016 additions at Paultons compared with Thorpe.  A better comparison would have been Angry Birds Land actually as that was a new area - coloured paint and vinyl stickers.

Valhalla doesn't have a track  :lol:

Surely the theming quality can be compared despite what the attractions are?  Also I wasn't limiting it to just WC12 as comparison.

Let's compare this to Swarm at this stage in 2011 then:

2012augconstruction3.jpg

(Image from TTP)

Or Black Mamba, two months(!) before it opened:

cimg3034_636.jpg

(Photo from TPR)

Or even Zufari at this stage in 2012:

Zufari031105-1024x576.jpg

(Image from theme-parks.org)

Or Chessington's 2016 development:

.... ;)

---

It seems silly to compare completely different projects during their construction, especially on details such as theming, which are left till later on in the process in many places.  Comparisons would be much fairer when both areas are open at the very least, though even then, it does feel a bit out of place to do so.

Valhalla doesn't have a track  :lol:

Surely the theming quality can be compared despite what the attractions are?  Also I wasn't limiting it to just WC12 as comparison.

Were you comparing Paultons to Haunted Mansion in Florida where you can see the ride building behind the facade?!

IMG_1426.jpg

• 2 weeks later...