Stealth

Dan_Rush

You think Stealth is the most overrated? IMO Saw beats it to that positon by miles!In regards to striking a balance, a 205ft top hat is an element that not many people will get the opportunity to experience unless they go to the USA so I think they've achieved the interesting layout enough for average guests without the overbanked turns. Most average guests will just look at the top hat and think 'wow!' and thats plainly obvious by the huge screams on the TP Express when arriving and everyone sees Stealth.The overbanked turns would have made it better but then we would have just been slating it for being exactly the same as Xcelerator and half the guests would probably just think "those turn things are bare boring init bruv they dont do no loops or nuffin". If ya get my point.It may reek of lazy ride planning to you and a lot of other people on here but to the general public they achieved the iconic coaster and breathtaking experience they set out to give people, which is all the matters right?

Well quite, just a few points to bandy about.Numo 1. I'm not really going against what Stealth does. it's clearly built with the simplest in mind. 200 feet, wow, 80 mph, wow. Oh my god, all these huge numbers being bandied about. Will drive you mad! But there is no substance there. Numo 2. "those turn things are bare boring init bruv they dont do no loops or nuffin". They don't say that at the end of Inferno so why would Stealth having a few overbanked hills make people call the ride boring. It seems like crazy logic to me.Numo 3. The general public. Ah you see, they wouldn't know any different, these ignorant little souls. Except they do bang on about this sort of stuff. Queuing 2 hours for an 8 second ride? They think it's bloody madness, and if you think about it, they are totally on the money. Stealth is a great launch coaster but my problems aren't anything to do with the ride itself. What it does, it does well but when you think of what could have been done, and then see what is done it really is the bare minimum that they could get away with. I always think of it like this. In 1998, Tussauds built Oblivion. Now it's only a very good drop into a hole and yet look at that queue-line interaction, the effort put into making it more then just a ride. The stuff added to Stealth such as the Dj doesn't happen anymore.. so Stealth will always scream COULDN'T BE BOTHERED at me.

That why it breaks down so much yeah?

Haha well I'm sure like me, most of you have been on Stealth many times.. I like the ride very much. But boredom has set in already.. And as the thrill quickly fades of the 0-80 speed and the height. You realise that's its a pretty boring ride, and wont que longer then 30/20min for it. There could of been sooo much potential had they of taken aspects of KDK.. Though I do ponder on the thought of.. :( .. adding track to the existing coaster? Extending the ride etc..

Haha well I'm sure like me, most of you have been on Stealth many times.. I like the ride very much. But boredom has set in already.. And as the thrill quickly fades of the 0-80 speed and the height. You realise that's its a pretty boring ride, and wont que longer then 30/20min for it. There could of been sooo much potential had they of taken aspects of KDK.. Though I do ponder on the thought of.. :( .. adding track to the existing coaster? Extending the ride etc..

Would be cool but will it happen ;)

Okay, Stealth could have been better. There could have been some great queue line interaction like Oblivion, and perhaps a better story line. The live DJ coudl have been kept, that really added to the atmosphere of the area.However, looking at the situation, not much more could have been done with the track. Okay, an overbanked turn or two would have been possible with some careful positioning. That would make the ride longer, but would it also reduce capacity? Plus, it would increase costs of an already over budget(?) rideStealth is at the moment an up, down and it is over ride. I personally think it was a bunch rubbish with too much hype. (SAW on the other hand gave out one tagline and then all of the other hype was made by each person - in my view).

In terms of the ride itself, I think it's a great attraction, and is the main iconic attraction for Thorpe Park. Obviously, many people are saying that Kingda Ka etc are better, which again is true, imo. But you have to think about the position of Thorpe Park, and the boudries that the area has. For a UK coaster in Surrey, I think Stealth couldn't be better in that sense.

However, looking at the situation, not much more could have been done with the track. Okay, an overbanked turn or two would have been possible with some careful positioning. That would make the ride longer, but would it also reduce capacity? Plus, it would increase costs of an already over budget(?) ride

It wouldn't effect throughput that much as if you look at Stealth at the moment the train has done its thing and is back over the bunny hop before the other train has even started to move into the on-load position.

aha well I'm sure like me, most of you have been on Stealth many times..

Afraid not, it is always closed when I go. I've seen it open once in an entire year.