Stealth

Dan_Rush

That would be rather cool and I was thinking it could have been a bit like that ;) But what if the carriage had flown off the end :(

it wouldnt as the big slow loop would slow it down and then there would be a line of straight brake fins not a air hill to take it to a controlled stop

it wouldnt as the big slow loop would slow it down and then there would be a line of straight brake fins not a air hill to take it to a controlled stop

Yeah, I do like the idea of a thunder looper but I think theyre a bit boring though arent they??Up round up down round station, not much of a thrill I think, but if they increased the speed?? Now your talking :(

Up round up down round station, not much of a thrill I think, but if they increased the speed?? Now your talking :(

Speed would be a great update for Stealth, considering they've already made it faster. But there's a limit on how fast they can make it... any faster they'd have to make the run-up much longer.. Would be great if TP could buy up the land around it :/ and become a mega theme park. Shame its surrounded by nature reserves and all the rest. Though having said that, they made the island for Saw and I doubt most people knew that was going to happen...

I totally agree with Markus number nine. Oblivion is a one trick pony, but is totally world class. Tussaud's say Oblivion 'cost' 12 million and Thorpe bragged Stealth also 'cost' 12 million. Oblivion was a world first and is up there as one of my favorite roller coasters in the world. They also say Saw cost more and I fear the higher the 'cost' of a roller coaster, the more the great British public think it's gonna be "well gud".

Really, thats why they make Colossus, Thorpe Park's Chav Ride and Stealth the over-hyped ride which is over to quickly.

Errm yesThey also make TTD, KK, Expedition G-Force, Millennium Force, Maverick and many more.Check the top 5 in the most recent Mitch Hawker's coaster poll, look at the Manufacturers, and come back to me.http://www.ushsho.com/steelrollercoasterpollresults2008.htmJust because the examples in the UK/Thorpe Park arn't brilliant, does not mean that they don't make good ride's elsewhere.

Last May when Stealth got stuck at the top...that train was up there for like 3 hours.How heavy is an entire Stealth train? Because I heard that it's about 10 tonnes. And for 10 tonnes to be stuck up 205ft high for 3 hours is scary for some people. I mean, imagine if that train fell off the side of the track for some reason...all that weight come crashing down.

Last May when Stealth got stuck at the top...that train was up there for like 3 hours.How heavy is an entire Stealth train? Because I heard that it's about 10 tonnes. And for 10 tonnes to be stuck up 205ft high for 3 hours is scary for some people. I mean, imagine if that train fell off the side of the track for some reason...all that weight come crashing down.

That is true - one Stealth train is roughly 10 tonnes in weight. But seriously, what is the chance of the train derailing?

How exactly would it do that...

I have to be honest that these things don't happen that often, it's all to do with weather conditions

Well I dunno. ;) Anything's possible these days. What if it caught fire on the launch, stopped up the top, and the fire continued on the train?

I wouldn't worry about the train stopping on the top hat, and a previously sparked fire eating away at the train and riders. Something tells me it's not going to happen.

Obviously the train is not going to derail. It can't due to the wheels that surround the track.However, I presume that if a train full of people got stuck on the top hat, it would put immense strain on the structure? I mean, the engineers would want to see it down much much quicker than they did when the train got stuck empty on the top during testing.