Dan_Rush

Stealth

Stealth really isn't having a good year. Finally after my eleventh time of joining the queue, and one time of having to get out of the train when boarding, for a test run, for it to not reopen for the rest of the day, I've got on it. Only took a good four visits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lately I've been finding stealth at little rough on the launch and the entry to the top hat. It seems most thorpe rollercoasters are getting a bit rough and the last time they installed one was 2012. The only outstanding coasters at Thorpe are the b&ms. So I feel like maybe 2018 needs to be the year for thorpe park to invest in a big Coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Noah Coaster said:

Lately I've been finding stealth at little rough on the launch and the entry to the top hat. It seems most thorpe rollercoasters are getting a bit rough and the last time they installed one was 2012. The only outstanding coasters at Thorpe are the b&ms. So I feel like maybe 2018 needs to be the year for thorpe park to invest in a big Coaster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a ridiculous thing to suggest! How on earth are they supposed to build a roller coaster from scratch in under a year? How absurd!

For a new coaster to open in 2018 they wouldn't need to start vertical construction until about November for a march opening (Merlin seems to aim for May anyway). Steel construction is very fast and as Thorpe is very flat the foundation's wouldn't be complicated to construct. The thing that would take the most time would likely be the planning permission which they still have time for.

That being said they spent a lot of money DBGT and I suspect 2018 is a low investment year. So I would say 2019/2020 is when the next coaster might come along.

Stealth will be closed from 15th to 18th of May (announced on Thorpe's main website).

Considering this calendar  https://queue-times.com/parks/2/open_periods, this interruption occurs during the last calm midweek this season.

If it's about necessary maintenance, why don't they close St. already this (busy) weekend? 

I will visit the park for the very first time in my life on 25th and 26th of May (all the way from Belgium).

Fingers crossed if the big five will be operational.

Later this summer I will visit among others Kolmården (another stress factor)

36 minutes ago, Earlyspencer said:

Stealth will be closed from 15th to 18th of May (announced on Thorpe's main website).

Considering this calendar  https://queue-times.com/parks/2/open_periods, this interruption occurs during the last calm midweek this season.

If it's about necessary maintenance, why don't they close St. already this (busy) weekend? 

I will visit the park for the very first time in my life on 25th and 26th of May (all the way from Belgium).

Fingers crossed if the big five will be operational.

Later this summer I will visit among others Kolmården (another stress factor)

They probably don't want one of the big coasters down during a busy weekend - during the week the park is a lot quieter so a better option to carry out any work (unless it's urgent work in which case the guests safety comes first and they would obviously shut it)

I hope you enjoy your visit to Thorpe Park and that you manage to get on everything you want

Stealth had a great problem with the catch car last year, that's the slab that launches the train; it was repaired. There have now been a significant number of launches using this item. A new catch car is to be fitted, and actually will have a lower launch shelf life.

Luckily, and this was the reason I attended today, the weather is taking a downturn and therefore I suspect, there will be considerably lower visitor numbers over this next five days, so probably a good call.

Rode Stealth for the first time on Tuesday. It was AMAZING!!! It is absolutely unreal, and I didn't realise we had gone until I was at the very top. The queue was fast, and Stealth worked perfectly, and is certainly a firm and fast favourite of mine!

Rollback - never wanted one as it would be ride time wasted.

Today, a guy sat next to me asked if it had rolled back recently as he had heard it does it once in one hundred and fifty launches - rubbish I say, and bring him "up to date" with the increase in propulsion loading about four years ago - we got off the train. I stood on the platform and watched the next train launch, AND ROLLBACK! About 5.45pm.. this evening.

Hey, 

Like last time we don't condone the actions of the group of people who trespassed onto the park, and as such we do not want to generate traffic and attention towards their social media.

If anyone had any questions or concerns about us hiding content, please contact one of the team.  If not, let's try and move on and not give these people any more attention.  Thanks! :)

Oh lucky me, I attracted a passenger on Saturday last, luckily up the outside of my leg on my shorts as I rode Stealth. The darned wasp was not best pleased and let me know on the brake run - the wasp did not survive for questioning.

Ooh ouch!  Think it was last year when I rode Stealth front row and thought I'd been stung on the lip just after the launch but assume it must have been a fly as there was no sting there - but it hurt a lot ?

On 8/28/2017 at 11:36 PM, planenut said:

Oh lucky me, I attracted a passenger on Saturday last, luckily up the outside of my leg on my shorts as I rode Stealth. The darned wasp was not best pleased and let me know on the brake run - the wasp did not survive for questioning.

On the up side, anything to make Stealth more interesting is a plus in my books.

1 hour ago, planenut said:

On Stealth today I rode with an "older" guest who celebrated his 100th ride on Stealth since it's opening, he's been counting. Nice to share his happy moment.

Question is.....have you counted your Stealth rides?!  This year I've ridden it...twice ?

2 hours ago, Han30 said:

Question is.....have you counted your Stealth rides?!  This year I've ridden it...twice ?

I gave up counting years ago - it's been at least twice this year though.

41 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

1 go on real Stealth and 1 go on Japanese Stealth and that's enough "up, down, then whoop-de-whoop" for this year. Does nothing for me anymore.

I am thankful that we all have totally different tastes, there'd be one heck of a queue if we didn't!

Looking forward to my first ride on Stealth - and visit to a Merlin park - this year on 28th September :) (Fingers crossed of course that Stealth behaves and is open...)