Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Chessington or Lego could easily pull of a christmas grotto like Paultons though! Even if the only open one section of the Theme Park itself!

To be honest, I'd see no need for Chessie to open rides to do so. Simply have it added with a zoo day. Lego could as well I guess, but what's the point in get a part of the park suitably ready, with rides working and looking presentable, midway through the close season!? Makes no logical sense.

Oh ok then Josh, other parks are capable of doing it... ah well! You clearly know best!

Do you know how childish that sounds? :PI'm just saying I don't see the point in Chessie opening rides in the middle of closed season for a Santa grotto or whtever when they can just have the zoo open! Sheesh

Oh ok then Josh, other parks are capable of doing it... ah well! You clearly know best!

Do you know how childish that sounds? :PI'm just saying I don't see the point in Chessie opening rides in the middle of closed season for a Santa grotto or whtever when they can just have the zoo open! Sheesh

Why can't Chessie or Lego do it? It's obviously to do with the parks thinking it will not be as popular as you might think...Lego DID used to open over the winter period, with the majority (if not all, memory is hazy) open... That's a plus... The negative? It was empty... Granted this was before AdventureZone or whatever they call it, but it probably felt to the management that it just wasn't worthwhile that they opened for Christmas...Evidently, I'd guess Chessie feel the same... It currently has it's Zoo Days, so will no doubt use them as a precursor to how busy they feel the park will be... Oh, and of course they have numerous bits of maintenance to do... Buccaneer isn't even THERE right now... And considering also this is when the park areas begin to teem with vehicles left, right and centre, it's not the safest place, then we add in staff payments and the like...Of course, they could do something at the hotel... Oh wait, they ARE! Well blow me down the park's actually KNOW what they're doing... CHESSIE DO SANTA STUFF!!!!1111Rich you list Adventure Island and Paultons as the two parks who do it... One of which is in a busy costal town, the other is a small family park with two rides that need major maintenance work... Two parks with their biggest rides both being Gerstlauers in comparison to parks with Vampire, Dragon and the rest? Yeah, I think the park's know EXACTLY what they're doing more than ANY of us, including you...

I have no doubt that if Chessington advertised it in the right way they could have a fantastic winter event in the park with selected rides open. Afterall, Paultons event is incredibly popular because it targets the right people. And I mean, its popular despite no one actually knowing where Romsey is. :P

I have no doubt that if Chessington advertised it in the right way they could have a fantastic winter event in the park with selected rides open. Afterall, Paultons event is incredibly popular because it targets the right people. And I mean, its popular despite no one actually knowing where Romsey is. :P

Romsey? What's that? :P

We are making a large investment to create a new destination restaurant, with an African theme and a central thatched open kitchen as its focal point. Overlooking our Wanyama Village and Reserve, you can watch the zebras, antelopes and oryx's roam as you feast on a range of delicious meals from fantastic grilled meat signature dishes to salmon, salads and pasta dishes.We have a few shortlisted names for the restaurant. Please comment with which you think best describes what we’re offering..The Karabu KitchenJambo - A taste of AfricaJambo - The African KitchenZafari Bar & Grill Thank you and we hope to see you at our new restaurant in the New Year

Posted ImageChessington just posted this to the masses on Facebook.Well, at least there will be some sort of development for 2011! Sounds promising as well. It will open in February.

Well its just a name change for the restuarant in the hotel it seems.. the thing already fits into african savanna so I doubt they'd change much inside. The menu sounds the same as well!

Did they answer your post on fb? I'm... Unsure about this tbh... I can't say that going to the hotel restaurant will be the first thing that comes to mind for people leaving the park... Looks decent enough as it is if a bit... Bland...Would love it to be a restaurant on park though... Especially given how significantly the on-park food has improved over this year...

OMGZZZZ RUMOUR MILL!!!111!!!!11!!!!Shall I straighten out some of these?- Sea Life has had some major renewals of tanks and the main tank has been rethemed.- Lodge/North Car Park is being redesigned - three new CCTV towers, the coach park being made into a staff car park, new car parking barriers for all sections of the car park, a new entrance and exit sign. In South, there will be car park barriers. All old branding/fencing in both car parks (still quite a bit, coach park signs, theft in car park sign etc and white fencing) will all be redone, with a more African style bamboo for the fences.- Buccaneer is likely to be repainted, pending contractor answer.- Odd bits of new theming in Vampire Queueline, the rumoured 'old entrance' queue is unlikely to happen.- Kobra, Peeking Heights and Dragon Falls have had all queueline fencing replaced, some with plank wood ala Swinger type, some with Bamboo effect, such as the stuff used for fencing at the back of Wild Asia.- Toadies/Toytown project has been put on hold for possibly another year - pity as everything was ready to go.Please, fellow fanboys do not take what you read on Yo Chessington with anything except a pinch of salt.It simply takes what it sees on this website, and copies it for their own website. And Benin, your sarcasm attempt level has dropped, try harder next time please ;)

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion