SAW: The Ride

Mark9

I received an e mail today as I'm sure many of you have as well and it's just telling us that SAW is open, but also that the queue line will come alive from the 10th April till the 13th, so that answers our question, there will probably be actors within these 3 particular days.

I received an e mail today as I'm sure many of you have as well and it's just telling us that SAW is open, but also that the queue line will come alive from the 10th April till the 13th, so that answers our question, there will probably be actors within these 3 particular days.

*4 days :P.And I was expecting their to be actors all throughout the Easter period. Seems that seeing the actors is a rare thing now then.

*4 days :P .And I was expecting their to be actors all throughout the Easter period. Seems that seeing the actors is a rare thing now then.

I'm really hoping the actors will do a good job, and I'm sure they will. If they get it right, it will add so much to the queueing experience.

Just to let everyone know, SAW now has an LED sign saying the queue time and all effects are working, I still cannot belive I queued 85mins for it today.EDIT: Anyone know the reason why they were taking the Fastrack enterance sign down today?

The sign actually says whether all the effects are working? Surely when an effect isn't working, by listing it on a sign, they're ruining the surprise :PEDIT: I suppose they'll just put something along the lines of 'some effects aren't working':P

The sign actually says whether all the effects are working? Surely when an effect isn't working, by listing it on a sign, they're ruining the surprise :PEDIT: I suppose they'll just put something along the lines of 'some effects aren't working':P

No sorry, I didnt make that clear, the sign just says the queue time, I was just saying that all effects were working today.

When you enter there are two guns on ceiling like saw movie, they go off with a strobe light, makes me jump all the time and here screams from inside

I noticed that everyone in the queueline who has ridden SAW: The Ride before seems to be looking up at the rifle, so it's easily noticed.

anyone seen this.Sore Pride - A Ride too far?Submitted By: furiePublished: March 31st 2009A local objector to Thorpe Park's new ride has found an error in the planning application made. Andrew Bisco of Chertsy has looked at the plans and found that "a significant section of the ride" covers a water main that wasn't re-routed during the build.If the council do find this to be a legitimate claim, Thorpe may have to close its new Saw: The Ride rollercoaster for several months while the foundations are dug up and the water main re-routed.Source coaster force

anyone seen this.Sore Pride - A Ride too far?Submitted By: furiePublished: March 31st 2009A local objector to Thorpe Park's new ride has found an error in the planning application made. Andrew Bisco of Chertsy has looked at the plans and found that "a significant section of the ride" covers a water main that wasn't re-routed during the build.If the council do find this to be a legitimate claim, Thorpe may have to close its new Saw: The Ride rollercoaster for several months while the foundations are dug up and the water main re-routed.Source coaster force

I am yet to read the article, but this sounds quite unbelievable. It might be true, but I'm sure that Thorpe Park and whoever else is concerned would have looked at all aspects of submitted a planning application, if there was even the slightest doubt that there might be a fault. Someone would have picked this up months before the site was even cleared.And March 31st.... One day prior to 1st April. April Fools!

It was an infill of a lake, that was submitted on April the 1st, not sure how somebody could actually beleive that tbh :P

Just to let everyone know, SAW now has an LED sign saying the queue time and all effects are working, I still cannot belive I queued 85mins for it today.EDIT: Anyone know the reason why they were taking the Fastrack enterance sign down today?

Whilst you were in the queue for saw I bet I got in a good 5+ rides, every other ride was near enough empty :D

SAW didn't open till around 10:45 due to regular maintenence, according to one of the saw staff, tom I think his name was.. the engineers are there at 5am but cannot test the ride due to the temperature.

Wow, were you behind me or something? I was literally 4th into the park and ran to Saw but we let 8 others from our school who were also there go ahead so we got the second train which is better. It was Tom and they said 5am about the engineers, they came in and examined the fence before it actually got working. We went on first and then whilst the queue line was massive throughout the day we went on all the other decent rides and then came and queued for about 55 mins for Saw at quater to 5.