Alton Towers General Discussion

themeparkmad

If anyone cares/is interested, there will be no Towers Live event this year, confirmed via Twitter...

Shame, but such an event hinges of having a decent line-up of 'popular' acts, and budget... Considering most of that is going on fencing, looks like Towers can't afford anyone good to turn up...

1966759_10152336173028185_62734007_n.jpg

I'm guessing this is one of those token things where you have to collect a certain amount before you get the tickets. If that's the case then when people eventually get there tickets and its popular then it will be steaming busy on the weekends.

In contrast to what Thorpe have done I like that a lot.

It is still a bit geographically suspect for my liking in a park that is so spread out and challenging to new visitors, but it is a lot clearer. The hotels take up a much more reasonable portion while still being prominent, CBeebies Land is nicely promoted, and the areas keep their character while the whole thing carries a coherent style. Nicely done.

There doesn't seem to be much in the way of difference in look compared to last year's map design, HOWEVER, they appear to have thought "Actually, we need to make this a usable map", so have spread everything out to their (relative) right location in comparison to other things...

Although why does the ride list for Cloud Cuckoo Land take up an entire corner? And the hotels still annoy me being on it as well...

Would anyone be able to tell me if there's an easy way to get from stoke on trent station to the park? :)

I forget the exact bus number but there is one that takes you directly to the park and the stop is just on the opposite side of the road to the station entrance/exit. I can't remember exact prices for tickets either XD But you can get one way or a return ticket :) Hope that helps!

32a from Hanley Bus station.

Every bus going from the train station side of the road goes to the bus station, there's one every 5mins or so apart from Sundays when they're less frequent. If you get on a First bus they're £5 for unlimited travel that day.

It's just timings for the 32a you need to worry about. First do an X39 over summer and hopefully other holidays this year also though.

No issues there for me with any of those.

Why? Cos literally sod all people go on any of those before 11am. It's not like last time when it was coasters..

People would use the Skyride to get to areas of the park, so I don't understand why they are opening that late.