Shutdowns

coastermitch

Got stuck on Logger's Leap at the end of last year. It was about 4 o' Clock in the afternoon and began to rain. We were stuck on the lift hill for around 70 minutes. We wanted to get out and walk down the steps but we were reassured every 5 minutes that the ride would start again soon. I must say though, the Logger's Leap ride hosts were very good all the times. We had a very funny guy telling us jokes (although they were pretty bad jokes :P), for most of the time, which really sped up the waiting time. Finally our log started to move again, and I must say, I have never enjoyed that drop so much! :P.

Got stuck on Logger's Leap at the end of last year. It was about 4 o' Clock in the afternoon and began to rain. We were stuck on the lift hill for around 70 minutes. We wanted to get out and walk down the steps but we were reassured every 5 minutes that the ride would start again soon. I must say though, the Logger's Leap ride hosts were very good all the times. We had a very funny guy telling us jokes (although they were pretty bad jokes :P), for most of the time, which really sped up the waiting time. Finally our log started to move again, and I must say, I have never enjoyed that drop so much! :P.

Did you get any compensation? :P

• 2 weeks later...

Was sitting on Colossus, waiting to launch . Then they made an announcement saying the ride would be closed temporarily but didn't say why. So we released out of the seats and just qued back in the bays, waiting to get on again. The staff were walking around, saying someone was on the track. I'm guessing where the major loops are by the lake, so someone must of climbed over I'm guessing. But within 10minutes, we were back on the ride. This was around 3 weeks ago.

luckily for me ive only be stuck on a ride once.It was nemesis inferno during the ultimate thrill chill 2008,we were sitting on the back row and it stopped as it was leaving the station so the front 2 rows were just outside the station and then to make it worse it started to snow,how fun-this delay was about 10 minutes long,we got our ride but then it was shut due to the cold weather.There was no compensation and I was not expecting any and because of the snow the ride actually went faster.Has anyone else been on the same sort of incident?

There's an evacuation platform that can be positioned next to the car on the lift tower, the restraints can be opened two at a time and guests are then harnessed and move across the car on to the platform. I've seen it done on Rage, but not particularly high up. Quite interesting to watch though.But obviously the preference is to get the lift restarted and if an evac is needed, to do it from a brake run where it's much easier.

I had a similar situation to Paul.Got stuck on Loggers for about an hour and a half at the very top of the lift hill. All the other boats were evacuated but half our boat was past the edge of the platform (literally just before the drop!)So we had to sit there! Ate our Sandwichs <_< and had a great chat with the staff!Got exit passes for the rest of the day.

I have seen a rollback but never been on one, it was a shame because we were about to get on.

I have seen loads but there were three in almost a row and I was in the que and it does get frustrating when it takes like 20 mins to get it back up and running so that was 1 hour added to the que <_<

Well I have hoped for a rollback while at the park but have never got one. <_< But maybe next time.

Well I just wouldn't get your hopes up tbh. They are very rare to be on (apart from when there's very high winds or rain). I think everyone hopes to have a rollback at some point and it's very lucky if you do get to be on one. I've been on Stealth a hell of a lot but haven't even seen a rollback yet.

At the end of tuesday the 7th the wind was picking up really fast and still we had no rollbacks <_< Come to think of it the first ride I had on stealth just krept over the top which is a shame, but is it possible that they can make the speed faster to make it not have a rollback on a windy day?

Stealth with regard to rollbacks depends on many things the wind only certain directions affect it. The computer takes a average of the weight/speed of the last 5 trains I beleive hence the gradual loading in the morning. Also the wheels in use on the trains can make a big difference.

Worst and only breakdown was on stealth, sat down in the ride ( queued at the front for around 15 mins extra ) and then they said that it was now currently unavailible and issued us all with fastracks :D But it did annoy me because we waited all that extra time for the front and then it just broke down at last minute :o But still we got 4 rides on it at the end of the day :D