Shutdowns

coastermitch

I was stuck in the station of duel at alton towers for about 30mins they gave us fasttrack

Were you waiting in the queueline or actually sitting on one of the cars?

Power is needed to open the restraints, as there is no quick release button on the Stealth Car, as they need power to open, not to close then I.e fail safe.

As well as that, it's also probably something to do with the fact that as the train stops just after the station, people might click open their restraint and easily run down the launch track paths on either side.

They stopped Inferno yesterday because someone got their camera out *sigh*.

Jeez, this is going to far. I know it's been in force for a while now and it's all to do with H&S etc etc etc, but what makes me laugh is that the park have only this year latched onto this fact of on-ride videos. It obviously shows the operator is watching every train going up like a hawk on the cameras.

Jeez, this is going to far. I know it's been in force for a while now and it's all to do with H&S etc etc etc, but what makes me laugh is that the park have only this year latched onto this fact of on-ride videos. It obviously shows the operator is watching every train going up like a hawk on the cameras.

Nah this rule has been in place for a lot longer than a year now and normally the ride staff will try to latch on to camera's before the train is dispatched which is usually why you don't see trains stopped on the lift etc. It's also dependant on the operator, coz at the end of the day, some operators will see it and not care. It's also because some rides will require an engineer to restart and some won't.Alton's rides are quite regularly stopped for a camera.

Nah this rule has been in place for a lot longer than a year now and normally the ride staff will try to latch on to camera's before the train is dispatched which is usually why you don't see trains stopped on the lift etc. It's also dependant on the operator, coz at the end of the day, some operators will see it and not care. It's also because some rides will require an engineer to restart and some won't.Alton's rides are quite regularly stopped for a camera.

Totally unrelated to why Colossus has nets now, but in 2006 a camera fell out of someone's hand on Colossus, and it hit someone and knocked them out, causing grievous harm to the person it hit, and the rider who had the camera out was then arrested and charges where pressed against the person - it is so unsafe even with a hand strap and if you are caught by security I believe they will throw you out.Don't try and be clever, people have been thrown out of park and it has injured people before, so don't take your camera on rides at all, I really am impressed that they are bothering to stop the lift, and remove it from their possession as it really isn't on.

Umm... Let me think :)Nemesis - 15 minutes to clean up puke...Slammer, just got stuck up high for about half an hour, not upside down though! (Is it me or does slammer break down at least once a day?)Samurai - 10 mins because it just wouldnt go down! Kept on doing its little swinging thing where it tries to get in position, but failed, so they just set it off again!Detonator - Stuck at the top for about 20 minutes, They have a little announcer so the people can speak to you! That was a waste of what could have been another ride...Quantum - Several times the lap bars have got stuck down, does this happen quite often?? Luckily the announcer by the mic was very enthusiastic and lead us through a couple of songs!There must be a couple more but they escape me!H-B

Me and my freinds were on Slammer at the end of the day, and the ride had finished and was lowering back down.Then as SOON as we got to the bottom, the attendants were like "....errrmmm, sorry but Slammer is experiencing some technical difficulties" and we were stuck in our restraints for like 15 minutes.Which was a bit claustrophobic :) I was really annoyed, we could have gone on Rush as our last ride if the stupid ride hadn't broken down!Oh yeah, another time on Slammer (technically this isn't breaking down) the restraints kept locking and unlocking which was annoying, and someone was sick on Samurai so we had to wait another 10 minutes until it was cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dragon's Fury for 15 minutes once on the 2nd lift hill and once on the brakes for about 20mins and wernt even given an exit pass! :unsure:

Well it isn't really the staff's duty to give out exit passes all the time for everything. You still got your ride didn't you? The breakdown didn't actually stop you from riding it, it just wasted 20 minutes on the break run and 15 on the lift hill. So because your ride was not really affected, they wouldn't need to give you an exit pass for you to ride it again.

Well it isn't really the staff's duty to give out exit passes all the time for everything. You still got your ride didn't you? The breakdown didn't actually stop you from riding it, it just wasted 20 minutes on the break run and 15 on the lift hill. So because your ride was not really affected, they wouldn't need to give you an exit pass for you to ride it again.

well I'd say the ride was affected tbh. I got a reride when it block shutdowned on mebut you shouldn't expect to get anything as its not obligatory rly

Been stuck on:Stealth Transfers on front row. Stealth again. With a manual release from the off-load.Slammer in the air twice in the same day. Slammer with the restraints not releasing x3Inferno brakes - Puke.Others:Air every time. Top Thrill Dragster, the launch failed on the train infront. We reversed back into the back station. Re-set. We were on the second public run after its cable replacement (which was done over night, yes.. 1 night!). TTD again. 3rd row. Gold train. So 2/3 times I did it I got stuck on it!! Not to mention it was broken every 5 mins!! Fury. Well not really a brake down, just blocking with all the cars stacked. Got stuck on the brake before the helix. Really fun as we had a decent spin while sitting there!Think thats it.

• 4 months later...

I guess this doesn't really count, but me & my friends have been stuck on Ramesey's Revenge (sp?) 3 times. It always seems to be because there are larger people on board. We got exit passes twice and used them on vampire :P Not been stuck on anything else though, guess I'm lucky! :)