Magrathea

Control Panels

great picture all but I'm shocked with all the money intermin have they choose windows over mac osx leopard ten this is why stealth never runs as it should its windows crashing \(plz press ctrl +alt+delete to continue "oh no better call an engineer for this one" wat a joke )

^Rush My real babyPosted ImageStealing Neilfever's pictures, but, quick guide to Rush...Ok, you can ignore the big panel with lots of blue buttons to the left of the picture, that's just audio (announcements etc), you just press the button for the announcement you want.So. You sit in the console, people are off the ride, and there are guests waiting to board. You first press the green button just above the 'e' in fever to open the gates, people board, your hosts close the restraints (using the restrain lock buttons on the swings), then your hosts go to the exit gate/batching area. Then press the red button just to the left of the green one to close the gates, flick the harness release switch (the middle switch in the cluster of 3 at the far right of the panel), and the lock exit gate switch (hiding neatly above the audio box). The screen in the middle of the panel provides air pressure information, provided the pressure is right, the ride area is clear and the attendants are giving the thumbs up/pressing the button by the exit gate, you press both big green buttons simultaneously to begin the ride cycle (bottom of the panel, at either side). Rush does it's thing, when it stops, exit gate is released, and when the air pressure is correct, you flick the harness release, and hey presto, your back to where you started.

Posted ImageSo if we put Stealths control panel onto the keyboard it would be like this:Right Hand Side __1 _______2 _________3 _________ 4 ____________________________________________________________________________________________ Emergency StopLaunch ___Load______Offload______Waiting_________________________________________________________________________________________________Backspace__________W _________E _________ R _________Load______Offload______Waiting _______________ Open Attendant Gates _____________________________________ Automatic Ride Start____Station Restart____________________________________________________________T______________________________________________________P___________________ #__________S _________D __________F_________Load______Offload______Waiting _________________Gates Closed__________________________________________ Automatic Ride Stop______ Station Stop___________________________________________________________G_______________________________________________________L___________________Enter______Dispatch ______________Open Load SB________ Open Gates _____ Close Gates________ Open Unload SB ________ Dispatch_______ Shift ____________________ X _________________ V ______________ B _________________ M ________________Shift1-2-3-4 = Block Resets ( Blue Buttons )W-E-R = Jog Forward ( Yellow Buttons )S-D-F = Jog Backwards ( Yellow Buttons )Left Hand SideTrouble Light _________ Lamptest____Q _________________ WReset Button ____________________________________________Hydraulic Pumps On____A_________________________________________________________P_______________________________________________________Hydaulic Pumps Off______________________________________________________________LRide On Ind. ________Mnual Ind. ______ Automatic Ride Ind. ______ Pumps On Ind.___Shift ______________ V ________________ B __________________Shift__Ride on ________ Auto/Manual ____________________________ Pumps On/Off ___________Train Settings__ Switch___________Switch __________________________________Switch__________________ 1/2___Ctrl______________Alt_____________________________________Alt Gr __________________ Ctrl

Going back to this topic again... Here's a video of a KMG XXL's control booth, Love the way he taps away at the buttons like he knows them off by heart :P There's only 4 of these things in the world, would love to see one in the UK sometime!

Wow that is one weird control panel. Almost like driving a bus init ;)

I think you must have money to spare to get the B&M deluxe operating chair. Only ever seen Oz'Iris and Silver Star with it.

Moved the topic as I feel that control panels are mainly going to be from other parks. I have a load of pictures of panels taken from a series of websites over the years.TP_Banana.jpgMr Monkey's Banana RideTP_Carousel.jpgChief Rangers CarouselTP_Detonator.jpgDetonatorTP_Nemesis%20Inferno.jpgNemesis Inferno (my old baby :o )TP_Rumba%20Rapids.jpgRumba RapidsTP_Teacups.jpgStorm In A TeacupTP_Nemesis%20Inferno_TOUCHSCREEN.jpgCloseup on Nemesis TouchscreenI operated all these rides except Rumba so :o

Ian, can you possibly re-post these pics, as I cannot see them :(

http://www.potionmagix.fr/forumix/oziris-partie-1-t2314.html

Don't understand all of any of it, but an interesting look at the control panel and opening operations for OzIris.

This looks like something from Mr McGoriams Wonder Emporium! Certainly does look nice though. Some British park control panel stations that also stand out for me/seem a bit unique are:

*Smiler - Although I think it's an odd design for the ride op to be that exposed, but good for the ride op to see everthing going on below.

*Th13teen - I like how the station feels under cover and forest-like, and the booth although square looks quite nice.

*Air - I think it looks quite good, and a bit like one of those old cars where the main door was the front of the car itself, as the door in and out of the panel is on the front to the side.

*Swarm - What's not to like about that upside-down emergency response unit? :P

But keep the pics of the flamboyant looking ones from abroad, enjoying the splash of culture on the control booths :)