Magrathea

Control Panels

cant see it blocked, just it provide any new functionality or what? is it easier to use?

It does look quite well labelled and layed out for the Dragon's Fury operator.I just hope there is more than just putting the same 2 buttons now for the operator on Dragon's Fury! :P

It does look quite well labelled and layed out for the Dragon's Fury operator.I just hope there is more than just putting the same 2 buttons now for the operator on Dragon's Fury! :P

It was changed this year, it's more to allow the operator to view the whole queueline as the old control panel obscured the view. Other then that, it was exactly the same to operate.

Seems weird for an operator to need to see the queueline though? Must be like one of the only rollercoaster which can see its queue.

Seems weird for an operator to need to see the queueline though? Must be like one of the only rollercoaster which can see its queue.

Well you see Fury, being a main attraction and pretty sun drenched had a lot of people fainting due to dehydration for instance. Vampire was covered in tree shadow so got away with it but I remember one day at Fury where I had to keep people in the first part of the queue line as so many people had fainted in the extension.

Mark - You say the operator has to be able to see the queue as it is a main attraction. What about Dragon Falls then? Dragon Falls is even more busy, obviously, in the summer. Isn't that queue line completely exposed to the sun too?Really, I think it is common sense that you take a drink with you if you are standing around in a long queue in the sun.(Or is that just me :P).Dragon's Fury - I have also seen someone faint but this was just at the batching point.I felt so sorry for them as they looked so embarrased but obviously there was nothing she could do.

cant see it blocked, just it provide any new functionality or what? is it easier to use?

For Fury, it is block sectioned, if that's what you're asking?Starts with the station drive (each one a different block and can hold one car) - Drive 1/2/3 being directly after break run, Drive 4 is Transfer track, Drive 5 is station entrance, Drive 6/7/8 move cars along in station from bars release to bars lock, Drive 9 being Dispatch Drive, stopping and starting according to controls. Drive 10 being outside of the station and going to lift, then Lift 1/Drive 11.Block Section 1 between about 9/10ths of way up the lift, and Brake 1 (over Sea Dragons), Block Section 2 between Brake 1 and Brake 2 (over Canopy Capers), Block Section 3 being between Brake 2 and Brake 3 (Over Griffins Galleon), Block Section 3 being between Brake 3 and lower half of Lift 2, Block Section 4 being between top half of Lift 2 and Brake 4 (Over Toadies' Crazy Cars), and Block Section 5 between Brake 4 and Final Trim Run.Which does mean Fury can have two cars on a lift at the same time, if timed correctly!

Well... If a car stops on drive 9 (The dispatch drives) the cars behind it stack up behind it. You send out the car on 9 but the other cars won't start moving again automatically, the operator presses the two buttons along with the platformer and woolah, the cars in the station will move again.

Looking at thorpes control panels really do make me want to operate them, but then I remember its thorpe.Alton is where its at :)

Flipping heck you've given me nightmares. I was hoping never to see that control panel again (especially seeing as pretty much the entire panel means nothing!)

Posted ImageG'Sengte Sau. It's a bad picture I know but its there woo. It's weird that in this country you have to do like five hours training to operate a Carousel, whilst in Germany you don't even have to read a manual and they let you opertae thier coasters.

It's weird that in this country you have to do like five hours training to operate a Carousel, whilst in Germany you don't even have to read a manual and they let you opertae thier coasters.

Someone we know has an amazing story of how they were plonked onto operating corkscrew in a yorkshire park with no training. Epic!I doubt its much to do with H&S regulations, its more to show the competance of the park and their operators should something go wrong. There's very little training on some rides at a theme park I know as well.

Someone we know has an amazing story of how they were plonked onto operating corkscrew in a yorkshire park with no training. Epic!

Geez, I hope it wasn't the model with the manual brakes :)

It's the one you've all been waiting for! It's Saw: The Ride :unsure::PPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageAudio System!! :P:PPosted Image

Dudee, you could credit the person who took these pics [cough] Ewan! :P