PR / Marketing

Ryan

Didn't know the best place to put this, but here seems sorta suited...

601729_10151657839870867_271832389_n.jpg

Thorpe have posted this photo on their Facebook earlier, and on Twitter a couple of days. It's not a new coaster, but they're just saying how 'awesome' it looks.

Maybe trying to see if people agree at how awesome it looks and they're considering a similar feature for their next coaster? ;)

Regardless, still good to see the park just having a bit of fun on social media. Also quite liking the little 'wars' Thorpe and Alton are having over Twitter with their rides.. :P

I really hope this is a hint to there next big investment, Notice how they comment on the "Vanish part" and not hinting towards the Coaster type. If an Image in a few weeks time is an Image of Leviathan or Shambahla :P it would be a dream come true.

I really hope this is a hint to there next big investment, Notice how they comment on the "Vanish part" and not hinting towards the Coaster type. If an Image in a few weeks time is an Image of Leviathan or Shambahla :P it would be a dream come true.

Please please please PLEASE HAPPEN!

I could see a Megalite going down well with some sort of splashdown ending. I really wish Intamin would sort their restraints out though.

Lets just get a Mack mega coaster instead and be done with it. I've no idea why Merlin continually ignore Mack rides as a ride similar to Storm or Blue Fire would suit our parks so well.

Something I noticed in 'Questions to THORPE PARK' topic, which was posted earlier today:

There will be a lot of changes to the Park over the coming months! We can't confirm yet whether this will involve a stronger return to the themed areas but the Park Map will definitely be changing in style for Fright Nights and next season onwards :)

Hinting at something on a large scale change to the park map at least as well as further investment around the park :P

Hmm after the massive queues last year for Fright nights and the shear over selling of Fast Track tickets I won't even bother going to Fright Nights this year. They will seriously need to pull their finger out and reduce the queues which I know they won't do for me to be interested in going.

How can they 'reduce queues' - are you suggesting they turn people away for your own enjoyment?

By not selling unmanageable amounts of fastracks, that's how. The normal queues are acceptable even on a packed park without thousands of people pushing to the front for a couple of quid.

Is low capacity an issue as well? I don't know the exact throughputs of the mazes, but it seems to me like the queues for conga line mazes (so Asylum and Curse) move a lot quicker than the others.

Experiment's 10's queue was totally ridiculous last year, I guess because the maze is constantly stop/start, wheras people keep moving through the conga lines at all times without stopping to stand in a cupboard for 2 minutes.

What I'm trying to say is, their new mazes don't get through people as fast as the old ones. Or that's what it feels like anyway.

Is low capacity an issue as well? I don't know the exact throughputs of the mazes, but it seems to me like the queues for conga line mazes (so Asylum and Curse) move a lot quicker than the others.

Experiment's 10's queue was totally ridiculous last year, I guess because the maze is constantly stop/start, wheras people keep moving through the conga lines at all times without stopping to stand in a cupboard for 2 minutes.

What I'm trying to say is, their new mazes don't get through people as fast as the old ones. Or that's what it feels like anyway.

I agree with this - with Experiment 10 in it's 1st year of operation I would have argued that it was worth the extra wait, but last year it was pants.

The sent huge groups through less often than before so it didn't really increase the throughput and just took away and factor of fear due to being with a huge group of rowdy people.

Unless they revert back to the old system I don't think that E10 has a place at Fright Nights this year - everything that was good about it in 2011 was gone in 2012.

If they do use it again (which they probably will seeing as it is relatively new) then BRING BACK THE GAS MASKS and smaller groups! It was so much better. Oh, and scrap the stupid television screen final - far too many things rely on TV screens.

Regarding what you said about Asylum and Curse, I find it strange that whilst Asylum's queue always seems quite quick (probably helped by the brilliant soundtrack they play in the queueline) The Curse's (and Se7en's when it was there) seem a lot slower, but you would think that they would be the same.

• 1 month later...