Education (Exam Results)

Paul

There was a 'School and Studies' topic before, but that seems to have disappeared.. :P

So, end of first year of uni approaches, which of course means EXAMS. At the moment, I've got multiple choice tests on Fridays for a module I just picked up, and then my 10 proper exams start 25th May, and finish 14th June (finish a lot later than most of my friends too! :( ). Feeling good enough about most of my exams (except one), so it'll be interesting and 'fun' to see how they go!

Oh wow, that is late! You START your exams the day after I finish mine (and I only have two). I thought I was finishing late (so many people I know at other unis have already finished for the year) but I can see I'm not finishing THAT late :lol:

My first exam is on the 16th, and it's open book, but that doesn't make it any easier. My second exam is on the 24th - that too is open book, but we did a mock exam and it was pretty easy. I think the open book part for this exam is purely so we have the equations and table of values for our statistical tests.

But anyhoo, good luck in your exams Josh! I'm sure you will do great :)

Oh wow, that is late! You START your exams the day after I finish mine (and I only have two). I thought I was finishing late (so many people I know at other unis have already finished for the year) but I can see I'm not finishing THAT late :lol:

My first exam is on the 16th, and it's open book, but that doesn't make it any easier. My second exam is on the 24th - that too is open book, but we did a mock exam and it was pretty easy. I think the open book part for this exam is purely so we have the equations and table of values for our statistical tests.

But anyhoo, good luck in your exams Josh! I'm sure you will do great :)

In terms of first years, most people here finish the beginning of June, in later years, it's a lot later (some finish 20th/21st, and the results would be due a week later!).

None of my exams are Open Book (heck, I don't even get a blooming formula book!), but hopefully I'll be fine. I tend to find that Open Book exams are harder anyways. :P

Best of luck to you as well! :D

I'm glad that our school done courses in a year, I've only got 7 exams instead of however many there would be!

Edit: I've been given my coursework results back for music and I'm on an 'A', but that could change after moderation (not expected to) just have to do the final exam (40%) and then that is what decides my grade, sir expects me to get an A overall and does not epect me to get below a B (which is what I need to do A-level)

• 3 weeks later...

Well These are the exams that I have finished:

1.English lang reading

2.English lang writing

3.Art & Design (10HR BLOODY EXAM THAT WAS!!!)

4.R.E

5.French Reading

6.French Listening

7.Biology

8.Chemistry

9.German Reading

10.German Listening

11.Physics

12.English Lit

and I have five more to go YAY!! :(

Oh the days of GCSEs when you have a ridiculous number of exams making it neigh-on impossible to be examined to your full potential...how I do not miss them! Good luck with them!

My first exam was on Saturday and went pretty well I think. In theory, it's probably my easiest module of the year, but the exam was harder than normal this year. Should be fine though. Got 5 exams in the next 4 days which will be a bit of a nightmare, and tomorrow will probably be the worst of the lot, with 2 exams (which is unfortunate, as one of them is the most important exam of the year, and the one that I'm worst at).

Woo, fun fun fun...

Good luck with that Josh! Although you're pretty smart so I'm sure you will do fine ;)

I've finished mine - one I am confident that I've done well on, the other... well, let's just say I think I managed 40% - just. That's not due to lack of revision on my part, it was just a horrible exam. No one came out of that exam feeling particularly confident. I guess we will see in mid-June when the marks are up.

Ethan - the 10 hour art exam is not that bad! At least you get a week between the two days, and I found they went really quick. Keep in mind I did Fine Art AND Textiles, so I had TWO 10 hour exams ;)

Oh gawd I did photography at GCSE and that involved a 10 hour exam, split up into two 5 hour sections. It dragged very much but it did feel good when you get in that last hour or two and feel like everything's been worthwhile... :D

In terms of my A-Level exams I've done 5 and have 1 to go... Woo! :P

Just sat my last 'major' exam of the year (ie - one I have to pass or else I'll have to resit it or get kicked out...) today, and dear me it was horrific...

Literally everyone has found it horrendous and extremely difficult. Fortunately it was probably my favourite module of the year, so despite the extreme difficulty, I should be 'okay', and hopefully the marks will be scaled up to reflect the hard questions.

Nevertheless, this question didn't fail to make me laugh and proved to be the silver lining of the exam:

226652_10201323486392210_850297705_n.jpg

Part (viii) - remember people; equations get afraid too!

• 2 weeks later...

All you lucky people finishing early this year ;) I've got a full term right up until July! The world of education for me is a bit of a whirlwind right now.

I've just finished all my AS levels, and have now started my A2 courses early, so that way when I start back in September I will have completed some units in some subjects already. AS results in August.

Also got a week of work experience with a certain train operating company :ninja: at the start of July, very much looking forward to that!

Uni open days to visit over the coming months, first one on Thursday this week. Got 3 Universities in mind at the moment with 4 slightly varying but similar courses to decide from and 1 Apprenticeship separate from all that as another option. Hoping to go on to do either Transport Studies or Travel & Tourism Management.

... Very excited for what the future holds but a little nervous as it's all new with moving on etc etc! :D