The Smiler

th13teen

Liking the game so far, haven't unlocked anything yet though.

As for The Smiler, I hope that it will have some indoor queueline themed similar to the waiting area for The Sanctuary - because I think that "false sense of security" atmosphere was really good and would be good if it was incorporated into the ride somehow.

Amputee spider looks, erm, interesting.

I like the idea, not to sure they've quite got to the right place with it though? They've decided they have these 5 legs of interaction, gone for near miss hypodermics (maybe squirting?), strobing lights (should be disorientating) and I think one of the others looks like a mister. So far so good, but then it's like they've dried up on ideas and had to fill the other legs with something. I don't see how some spinning discs or an areal car wash will interact or be noticeable to riders at all really. Not that you can tell from a bit of concept art, have to wait and see how it turns out.

It looks like they've tried to throw as much as possible onto those legs! possibly slightly over the top!

Yes, I'm thinking the same. There's such a thing as too much themeing, and it's almost verging on the edge of tacky with the Smiler.

Less is more!

Don't get me wrong, I love the current/planned themeing, but The Smiler definitely doesn't need any other bells and whistles. I don't want to lose the sinister dystopian atmosphere is all.

Surely more theming would add to the atmosphere though? (As long as it was done correctly etc...)

Surely more theming would add to the atmosphere though? (As long as it was done correctly etc...)

There'd be no point from the rider's perspective...although as someone else pointed out, people offride will be able to enjoy the ride in typical Wardley fashion.

There'd be no point from the rider's perspective...although as someone else pointed out, people offride will be able to enjoy the ride in typical Wardley fashion.

Yeah but it's always nice to have some theming whilst in the ride area/queueline, as well as for the actual ride experience. Some theming can add to the ride though, even if you only see it for a few seconds as you go past.