The Smiler

th13teen

haven't been following this post on this forum... but just thought I'd share my thoughts.

In the game there are 2 inversions missing which come after the first inverted drop (which would make the inversion count up to 13, I feel this set of 2 inversions will make up one of the 7 top secret upgrades, as well as having a level 3 upgrade on each of the 5 marmaliser effects; leaving 1 top secret upgrade left, which could be the rumored secret element of the washing machine trick track; there was an also an image from the game which showed what appeared to be the wording 15 rotations, so 2 rotations from the washing machine element would make up the 15 rotations/inversion - world first & world beating!

I know, it's weird how they were visible on the original plans, and on the 3D recreation in the smiler game when you scan the image on the alton tower's fb page 'timeline' photo.... as well as the fact the upgrade for the 'sea serpent' inversions says pretzel loop (which is another name for the sea serpent inversions I guess) + dive loops, but they're not there, so somethings not right somewhere!

The two corkscrews after the cobra roll have been put up!! As I'm on my iPad I will post you the link from the Facebook page as not everybody are members of towers times.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151556471253185&set=a.10151556277903185.1073741827.70172603184&type=1&theater

I linked to this exact picture out of the nine cos its interesting...

I KNEW there would be a corkscrew/zero g thingy after those big inversions...

As for the spider theming stuff, I'll wait until it's finished for actual judgement, as thematic pieces are always harder to judge whether or not they'll actually be good or work well until (unsurprisingly) they are finished...

225510_10151556278083185_384941361_n.jpg

DAT FINALE...

As I'm on my iPad

I'm not the only member to browse the forums on an iPad then!

Will this giant spider (or whatever the proper damn name for it is), be an animatronic? No doubt there will be audio effects coming out of it. Pleeeeeeeeeease let's not hear that music anywhere that is heard on the YouTube video previewing the game!

Do the research!

From RCDB:

Ovlivion length - 1,222 ft

Smiler length - 3,838.6 ft

Now for the maths:

1,222 x 3 = 3666

A difference of -172.6 ft.

OK, so it's just over 3 times the length. But how anyone can compare the 2 is beyond me, considering Oblivion is underground for a distance, therefore people forget that section and "chop it out".

Ride length in time or track, well we've established here the length of the track, but it remains to be see if it's the same length in time as Oblivion.