The Swarm

JoshC.

I'll give it a try I guess, maybe I could be pleasantly surprised? :blush:

And as for the billboard, I think putting it by the Zero G roll would work best. It doesn't really fit in anywhere else and putting it by the tiny turnaround at the end wouldn't even be worth the effort... I think the cameras for ORPs could go on the sides of the billboard, maybe it would be one that looks more like this?

trip-2003-04-17-TX-Crystal-City-Spinach-

Just a bit larger and with the cameras on the sides? It does raise the question though, why is there a giant billboard placed randomly in a quaint little countryside village? We have to clap Thorpe though, a year on and they're still adding themeing to what is already a well themed ride. And at least they are making the effort to shake things up a bit for a season where we have no new rides at all.

EDIT: Those photoshop skills are fab! :wub:

We have to clap Thorpe though, a year on and they're still adding themeing to what is already a well themed ride. And at least they are making the effort to shake things up a bit for a season where we have no new rides at all.

That's precisely it though! They're adding a bit of (probably mediocre) theming and turning around two rows as a gimmick to drum up publicity- They're creating weak little excuses for more advertising and PR through what are essentially costless changes, which is bad for a park which, one year previously, gets £20million thrown at it!

Guys does anyone know what they are doing about queueing and fastrack? On their web page they only have fastrack for THE SWARM but no front row! My guess is the front row queue is being replaced with a backwards one but I don't know how you can't get on front row now- also they have not put up a back row fastrack so maybe you can't buy a fastrack to go on the back row?

But then how do you go on front row with out being put there by the Batchers?

Personally I would like to see a front row queue and a back row one but they didn't even have enough room for single rider so...

I bet there will be massive queues for the back rows, after all it could turn out to be amazing! I can't wait to go to thorpe this year but better visit on a quiet day :)

I just find myself asking the question 'why?'. I can presume they feel that since 2012 wasn't a blockbuster, that they need to drag another year of major marketing out of the Swarm.

Could they not have given an older major attraction a new lease of life?

The back rows were my favourite place to ride on Swarm as it was. Now, that won't be possible.

When I first heard rumour of this a couple of months ago I genuinely thought it was some kind of joke!

I just find myself asking the question 'why?'. I can presume they feel that since 2012 wasn't a blockbuster, that they need to drag another year of major marketing out of the Swarm.

Could they not have given an older major attraction a new lease of life?

The back rows were my favourite place to ride on Swarm as it was. Now, that won't be possible.

When I first heard rumour of this a couple of months ago I genuinely thought it was some kind of joke!

They tend to do this with all major new rides. It's what Saw: Alive was to the ride, and anyone remember 'Stealth 1.1'?...

Well it's a world first. Worlds first roller train were part of it goes forwards and part of it goes backwards that isn't a maurer sohne spin coaster. Bit long winded but that is the fact. I'm getting excited now The Smiler in may and The Swarm:Mutated in march it's gonna be awesome this year. Two world firsts in a way.

I take it you never rode Twin looper that used to be at American Adventure. The last 2 rows used to be reversed.

They tend to do this with all major new rides. It's what Saw: Alive was to the ride, and anyone remember 'Stealth 1.1'?...

Yep!

Its probably not really related to 2012 not being a great year, by the sounds of it Thorpe wernt the only ones to suffer, and was probably more down to the recession / weather than the ride.

Aslong as its ran well, I think it should be pretty good, I'm also glad its the last 2 rows as I think just 1 row would create horrible queues.

Well, I wouldn't rule out any possibility of the back row being ruined. You haven't ridden it backwards yet so for all we know it might make the ride much more enjoyable!

My problem is, I haven't genuinely been on a coaster where it being backwards has been one of the plus points.

I don't particularly enjoy going backwards on Euro-Mir, I don't particularly enjoy the backwards sections on Boomerangs or Revolution, nor do I particularly enjoy X. I tend to have to twist my neck slightly so I can see what's going on, or I get pretty dizzy.

:(

I really don't think that front row queue area is big enough if this gets hyped up. The front row queue by the end of the season was a mess anyway and staff really didn't care if you had the card.. I kind of expect forward X now just for a full circle of random.

Ride experience wise, Euro Mir is disgusting if you are backwards on the last row for the end section but the helices are exceptionally tight there.

Yep!

Its probably not really related to 2012 not being a great year, by the sounds of it Thorpe wernt the only ones to suffer, and was probably more down to the recession / weather than the ride.

Indeed, I suspect it was something discussed between Thorpe and B&M before the ride was even finished.

Generally I'm not crazy about backwards rides but I think the more 'floaty' nature of Swarm's elements could allow it to work pretty well. One of the things most praised about The Swarm when it opened was that almost every seat offers a unique experience and this 'mutation' will surely only enhance that further? And if it ends up being a load of-, then it probably won't last further than this season.

I guess my point is... DON'T PANIC!

The back row would be enough but I've just realised it's the back TWO rows. So we can't even settle for the second to back row :(

I feel sorry for those who haven't ridden it yet and will never experience the awesomeness of front facing back row. I just fear going backwards will take some of that intensity away :(

Well isn't this just a day for UK parks! I knew from day one Swarm backwards would look stupid, feel stupid and possibly be a stupid mistake, I still do but I wouldn't mind having a go! :D

Shame I didn't get to ride the backwards row forwards, I heard that was the most intense!

(Also new Swarm theming for the win!)