Car Parking

Mr. Fish

Question

it used to be £2 two years ago, then last year it was £3, and now its £4!!!!! goes up every year!!

one little annoying thing about thorpe is that they don't have any ticket machine so u have to still queue even though you have your pass! but lucky you can queue at the advance ticket collection window for one so the queue not normally that bad :)

I think Alton towers have machines?

This little 33% increase you mean. Wasn't it £2 at the end of last year? So it's actually risen by 100% in less then a year?

When you word it like that, it is a big increase. However, I was more simply that £1 is a 'small amount' of money..

It was £3 at the end of last year - they bumped it up from £2 to before Fright Nights. But yeah, that does mean it has doubled in price in under a year.

When you word it like that, it is a big increase. However, I was more simply that £1 is a 'small amount' of money..

It was £3 at the end of last year - they bumped it up from £2 to before Fright Nights. But yeah, that does mean it has doubled in price in under a year.

When I went in 2010 it was £2

I think about may last year it was increased to £3

and now may this year another its £4

Its not that pointless, when people decide on going on a day out, I'm sure comparisons to other activity's they could do would be considered. I just chose football as one from my own experience where it varys from £8 - £10 per car (for what, 3 hours max?), suddenly makes £4 seem reasonable.

Can you not tell I'm jesting you in case TPGG decides I'm being unnecessarily rude again. :(

To be honest, when they introduced the charge, It was obvious they were just going to raise it by a pound every year. So whereas if they had just thrown it at £4 straight away, people would be up in arms, by raising it a little at a time it seems reasonable. When comparing it to say European theme park car park charges or Football, it seems okay, it's obvious to me that it shall continue to rise for the next few seasons..

I dont mind paying the car parking charges :P I was just informing everyone lol, but I really do wish they would get parking machines!

When you think about it, to go to my local cinema, if you go for a long film and park over four hours its £8!!!!!!!!!!!

How much does towers charge you to park in the car park that dont need the monorail?

So you're justifying an extra £2 just because you get to go on a Monorail?

I'm not saying its right, but it make you think your getting something for your money, like my girlfriend said to me when we first went to towers, £6 is not bad for parking seeing u have to get the monorail there, its all about making people think there getting something for there money

The promblem is, any novice that arrives at the park thinks the charge is alright, because its not as bad as what some pay and display or other venues would charge. This means that the parks know they can charge it, without any question. However we find the price rather extortionate for what it is!

Its a shame, however I would not be suprised if parking is increased according to what event is going on.

Role on £10 for the summer event, £13 for Fright Nights and £20-25 for Thorpe Park fireworks! Thats if we to work on the same level as say the O2 arena! I recon most would still pay and not question it!

....on the seafront of a major holiday destination, where space is at a premium, there are plenty of other reasons to be there other than BPPB and there is a real problem if everyone turns up in a car. The central location also means public transport is an actual reasonable option.

TP, CWOA and AT are in the middle of nowhere, tourism wise. They are also expensive to get in whether you ride anything or not.

There is no real reason for the Marlin parking charge, other than they can use it as a free and practically unavoidable revenue stream. BPPB really does need to charge that. The comparison just does not stand up or go any way to justifying Merlins actions.

You are aware that tourism in and around london is phenominal. With Thorpe Park, Chessington and Legoland being in close proximity to the London Orbital (M25). I'd say that they are not in the middle of nowhere being right next to the capital of England.

I'm sorry but if anyone thinks Thorpe Park or any neighbouring attraction including Alton Towers is bad, go to Blackpool Pleasure beach. http://riderater.co.uk/?p=1715

£9... Jog on mate...

So you're pretty much justifying the charges made by Merlin parks because it's more expensive elsewhere?

Taking the example of Thorpe, paying any sort of money to park a car between two logs on a bit of gravel is quite frankly silly. To be honest, pretty much all car parking charges are ridiculous, but we should be thankful that at the moment it's not any higher...