What Do You Want/Expect From A TPM Trip?

AJ

How should dates for meets be set?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When setting dates for meets should they...

• Still continue to be voted for 3 months in advance with the most votes choosing the date
    • Have all the meets with set dates for the year posted at the beginning of each season
    • Other (please state)

Sounds like a good outline to me. Hoping to make some of these, with a few maybes. Definitely want to try and get to Alton, MOS and the traditional Christmas meet. Possibly the DLP one too though at the moment, I don't know how likely that would be. Had hoped to make the Chessington one though I don't think I am going to be able to head down south during April.

Will be at at least one of them. Really enjoyed spooning. Great game! Can't wait to play it again. 

In general I really enjoyed the meet I went to last year. I can't really fault it :D

Although I do recall a little trouble getting in early, as some people didn't have annual passes, including myself. Any thoughts?

See you all in March :D

• 11 months later...

With the 2015 meets now over and 2016 ones round the corner, I think it's time I submit my request for 2016 meets.

Jan/ Guildford (confirmed (though probe won't make that one)

March/ Thorpe Open (confirmed)

April Chessie

May Europa Park

June Paultons Park

July Towers

August Thorpe MOS

September Blackpool (Phantasia)

October Thorpe Fright Night

December London Xmas Meet

List request based on events of past years, keeping in regard which ones have been popular too.

Would like to see future meets to Flamingo/Lightwater and places like Phantasialand, Port AV etc. But it's a steady progress etc.

Well that's not really a request ;) you just posted what I said we are doing at the meets  :P

They're all confirmed but the meets in between May & August might be in a different order depending on what people vote to do come February  B)

Your last sentence about what you would like to see in future progress bar phantasialand you will see in 2017  :)

However as people may see from Matt's post there are 2 openings in February/ November in 2016 so if you are interested in stepping up to the mark and think your good enough to host a meet for TPM :help:  please feel free to contact me with your ideas and what you'll do and it may happen 

• 4 weeks later...

See this is something that has been brought up in the past - however we don't think there is enough demand to make it. Of course I can be proved wrong and I know there are some members who have wanted some but don't know if there is enough to warrant it....

May I introduce to you Celia Mae onto the meet organising team

Meets have been growing and it's getting to the point I need help and Emily has shown great interest in how they are run. She's organised and from a military background I'm sure she'll keep us in check at meets!

As people know from the meets Going forward they'll be gaps in my meet planning to allow others to fill those slots and see how they work out to ensure the meets future. Plus new ideas keep things fresh.

I'll still be on the lookout for other people who are interested in organising meets going forward as that type of help in the future will be more needed down the line

So I hope everyone is wishing for the best like me in Celia Mae's new role at the meets. :)

A surprising but wonderful announcement there.

Very happy to see Celia joining the team and I look forward to seeing her exciting contributions to meets in the near future.

Speaking on meets, all of them have been fantastic in their own unique ways developing from strength to strength and getting better each year seeing the memories, running and attendance numbers increase upon each year. Taking these in to account (especially the latter), the need to grow the meet org. team is definitely a crucial one, especially as receiving attendances up to 40 sometimes.

If anyone needs an extra hand at meets, I'm willing to help out where necessary. Whether that be things like navigating split groups (if the group splits) or simply minor things too.

2015 was a great year for meets, let's make 2016 an even greater one!

We used to get ERT events here at TPM but as time has moved on and with Thorpe Park taking on a different business model, these events are now paid for. These cans till be arranged but there are no current plans for any ERT's this year. This however does not mean it won't happen!

Will be good to see you at a meet, we love a new face and people seem to blend in quite quickly with the great group of people we have at meets these days :D