Next Big Thing - 2016 Development ?

pluk

thorpe won't get a 'basic' woodie, if they even get a woodie at all... as the general appeal to attract more visitors just isn't going to work with difficulty to market it - but if they do get a woodie it just has to be an RMC for them to be able to market it and to able to appeal to the general public, rather than a good solid woodie with lots of airtime etc. just isn't going to work... I'm all for an RMC style woodie with an inversion or 2, as I've never ridden one and outlaw run looks unbelievably awesome, c'mon thorpe you know you want to ;)

For me anything. Like boulder dash would be perfect, its been on top position on coasterforces bestcoaster list for ages and its ranked no1 and from the video it looks insane. Shame CCI still isn't around but atleast its successors the gravity group are :P

Shame Boulderdash requires a terrain... Something Thorpe cannot provide...

Shame Boulderdash requires a terrain... Something Thorpe cannot provide...

Its a terrain but anything like that without using terrain would be great but then thorpe wont probably ever get a woodie because it would require loads of loops for the GP to be interested..... grrr

but then thorpe wont probably ever get a woodie because it would require loads of loops for the GP to be interested..... grrr

I don't think that is true, and I don't even think Thorpe (or should I say Varney) think that is true. What they're after is a unique selling point and that does not have to be loops, it can be anything. As long as someone is able to sell it to Varney, and then us, it could be anything.

• 4 weeks later...

If Thorpe were to get a woodie, something with this level of intensity would be brilliant!

If you are ever visiting somewhere middle of Finland do take a small detour and visit this park and this coaster. It is brilliant&intense indeed, a bit of a pity really that it's in such a hard to get to place, it doesn't receive as many visitors as it deserves!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I don't expect there be a coaster until 2016, it's very likely we will see a new ride for 2015 as it would be 3 years since the last addition at the park was built and with no new rides apparent for 2014 (as we know), the park will have to play miracles with decent publicity and marketing otherwise next year may be a quiet attendance year,

You don't need a brand new ride to get guests to come in (otherwise Chessie would be a ghost town every day)...

That is an out-dated premise which shows why our parks are so far behind everyone else in the world in providing a quality day out...

Get the brand name out as a brilliant thing, and people will come regardless of whether or not you have something new because they then know that a trip out gives them value for money... Additions like Saw Alive/Storm Surge/Mraws, are certainly not under such a remit...

Our theme parks only do the new ride every year thing because that is generally what the UK public require to have interest in visiting a park. We're hardly far behind the rest of the world.

2012 may have been the eye opener for all three of the parks, particularly Thorpe and it can't be a coincidence that the year after Swarm's perceived failure, special events were at the forefront and focusing on more then just the ride hardware equaled better guest numbers and more positivity from the public.

Just stumbled across this.

http://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20131111/15015/hunger-games-theme-park-works

It may seem a bit "out there", however it makes a lot of sense from a business point of view. Saw attracted, and still attracts thousands of people due to its brand name compared to the lackluster performance from The SWARM, Lionsgate are evidently quite chummy with Merlin right now, and trust them with their IPs. And the article also rules out that its not necessarily an American park after the IP - how many other parks outside the US would really have the budget, and popularity to pull this off?

At the very least, it could certainly end up being a new Fright Nights attraction for sure. It all seems a tad coincidental in my opinion...