Submission

EC!

Genuinely gutted Submission is going. Loved it; decent ride and never saw why people thought it was uncomfortable.

Can't see any rides that could replace it though; not exactly ample space there, ey?

well I'm sure there is a ride that will fit that area but it might not be thrilling, it will be odd not seeing it there though as that's all I have ever known visually of x sector so it will be odd

Woo! Clearer view of Oblivion's break run!!!!

Shame to see it going in my eyes, I always enjoyed it and it's a cool bizzare ride to watch.

Hopefully it'll be replaced by s thrill ride, maybe Merlin could buy two of them and give one to Thorpe as a Slammer replacement (I'll be sad to see that go as well but you do have to appreciate it must cost a fortune to keep going with little success).

The ride was appalling. It didn't all work and hadn't been run on both sides for years. The restraints were awful. The noises it made were alarming.

That said...

This now means Alton Towers have removed two inverting rides for heights of 1.2m+ since 2008 (Corkscrew and Submission). The only upside down ride for those under 1.4m now is Enterprise. I feel as though there's a hole emerging in the market within the park.

Firstly, I now firmly believe they should lower the height restriction on Nemesis: Sub Terra to 1.2m, as it should be - but retain the "PG" rating at the entrance so as to warn prospective riders that it's quite dark and sinister in theme. I also think that Enterprise should now run with 2 staff.

The park lacks flat rides as it is, so hopefully it's in the pipeline. But I cannot see this being replaced until at least 2016.

If Submission has been maintained properly

They stripped it down entirely to refurbish it last year, and spent lots of money on it to get both arms operating again (which didn't last long). Seems like they maintained it very well despite all the problems it had, but that still didn't make it a good ride experience.

:mellow:

Either your legs have the inability to feel pain/discomfort, or you're a masochist :lol:

I genuinely just don't find it uncomfortable!

I accept that the restraints are 'tight fitting' if you will, but I didn't find it bad in any way really. Certainly necessary to enjoy the ride. Thing is, I've found that on Vortex, for example, there's been times when the restraints really made my legs uncomfortable, so it's not like it's a general thing that I don't find things on my legs uncomfortable! :P

Never went on Submission, so can't really say an opinion about this ride except, it's a shame I never got to try it, eventhough a lot of people said it was an uncomfortable experience.

Looks like that's another empty ride spot in Towers, seeing that Beastie become SBNO three years ago and was ripped out in 2013. I can't really see what they would replace it with though in future ride wise, but I'll expect it'll be just a big gap for 2014.

is there a possibility whatsoever that we could see a new ride replace it for this season though? as their flat ride lineup was limited with terrible rides at that as it was, and although not much of a loss to lose submission it's still a thrill ride which will be gone. Unless something has gone wrong with it, why remove it now? why not wait til next season for when it would hopefully be replaced...

One of the best decisions they have ever made. Never went on the ride, the creaks it made just didn't fill me with any confidence and hearing everyone complaining how painful it was just didn't make me want to try it out. Plus only ever seeing one side working or having the entire ride out on most visits just didn't make me wanna try it at all.

On a positive note, there is room for a Top Scan or Afterburner ride :-)