Annual Pass Day

jom222

They don't usually scan the paper ticket, but scan your merlin pass and take the printed ticket off you, that's what happened for fright nights last year, and braniac this year.

But yes does mean anyone could like reserve the tickets to stop as many people from going... Wait I've had an idea to make the annual pass weekend quiet ;)

I've always used my phone when it comes to checking at events like Fright Nights & Braniac and every time staff have been absolutely fine with this way being used to scan tickets.

Brill - now I have a phone which isn't slower than a snail that helps!  No need to rush and buy a printer

So how busy are these days likely to be? Silly question perhaps?

We went to Chessington Sunday, just to wonder round the zoo, my goodness was it heaving.

Also, am I the only one that would feel extremely uncomfortable with their annual pass hanging round their neck all day? Saw a lot doing that Sunday, I prefer to keep mine tucked away in my wallet eek.

So how busy are these days likely to be? Silly question perhaps? .

Not at all! There was a dreaded day a few years back where it was heaving, but I think that's because of the old and now non-existent "friends and family" tickets. Last year was good! Rides on one train but we went for about four hours and- if my memory serves- did about 18 rides so pretty quiet, not dead, but decent!

Sounds like my cup of tea, at my age patience isn't in high supply lol, I'd rather go on a wet day and have no queues than a hot day and be stuck in them all day.

Must admit when walking round Chessington I was wondering if we'd done the right thing buying these passes, there were hundreds of people wondering around with them (funny that a lot had standard ones too), but then it dawned on me they were all carrying the boxes too, so had picked them up that day presumably, lots of little kids in tow as well, so hopefully not the type to goto TP, too short haha

Evil I know lol.

In regards to numbers, it's anyone's guess, but here's my estimation.

The overall park capacity is 18,000, however it will not be this busy because they don't want it packed and four rides will be down.

Removing those rides that are closed - Tidal Wave (1000 pph), Rumba (1000pph), Samurai & Slammer (1000pph) means that's already 3k taken off the limit taking it down to 15k maximum (throughputs are estimates only at this time).

But then the park would still seem too busy and they wouldn't want it packed, so I expect another around 5k worth of guests will be taken off as well.

I estimate they will limit it to about 10,000 pass holders a day (12,000 at the most), which isn't to say they will even receive as many as that on the day/s.

So the line up has changed again:  https://www.thorpepark.com/events-experiences/events/annual-pass-preview-weekend/

Rides NOT available this weekend are:

-Slammer

-Samurai

-Rumba Rapids

-Tidal Wave (all already known)

-X

-Angry Birds Land (I.e. Detonator, Dodgems and AB4D)

-Loggers Leap

It's a shame to see so many rides unavailable, but given that it's a preview weekend which is by no means necessary, I personally would find it hard to complain about it, so long as the guest numbers are limited accordingly.  The non-opening of ABL is very weird though, given how little it presumably requires in upkeep and staffing costs?

I think the bigger matter is how many of those rides will be closed come full opening of the park.  You do have to wonder if they know they can't get those rides open this weekend, will they be able to get them open by next Thursday?  It certainly would look bad on the park to be open for their main season with several rides not yet open..

That is not good at all, very disappointed to see so many rides closed, and there's no excuse for it at this stage other than the fact that they are clearly behind on the maintenance front.

I'm expecting X to have had some work done on it considering that it was closed in half term when it would have been a good ride to open, and now again for preview weekend.  The same applies for Rumba and Loggers, they have no reason to be closed this weekend unless they are having an upgrade.  Thorpe are clearly very behind on getting rides ready for the season - they know when the season is supposed to start, this is just poor.

I also think it's poor that they have only just released this, as people may have been planning in advance to visit with it in mind that only four rides are closed.

So ABL was open for Half Term (well, Det wasn't open was it, but the Dodgems/4D were), but not open for AP day?

#thorpeparklogic

Let's be honest here, that level of rides closed for an event which is also used as a training day for staff (in a situation with guests present) is a poor showing... Especially when you consider that it's pretty much half of all the rides aimed at the family market Thorpe WANT to get in, and who have the majority of MAPs...

Think it's pretty poor to have 9 rides closed to be honest and now debating whether to just wait till the following weekend. Thing is, we don't know how many of them rides will be ready by then. I'm sure they'd be getting plenty of complaints if people are paying to get in when 9 rides are closed!? 

They haven't actually told us this either, when booking tickets it stated 4 rides so only people that re visit the website will find that. Strange how dodems and AB4D is closed bearing in mind it was open in February? 

Thorpe Park just love their last minute decisions don't they ^_^

I realistically don't think its too much of an issue for AP day. Whilst it's a poor show from the park when it is meant to be simulating a full offering at the park this season, all annual pass holders have the opportunity to return at other times in the year not making it too much of an issue.

I think the real problem lies by the fact that if not all the rides are avalible for this weekend, they are unlikely to be avalible for opening weekend. 9 rides closed in main season is quite frankly ridiculous, and I fear none of the rides closed this weekend will be ready for the main season.

I think this all comes down to poor judgement and last minute decisions from management. By the looks of things this (main) season, thorpe park could be getting a battering of complaints.

That's a shame we have another 5 rides closed, however there must be some very good reasons behind this.

Angrybirds land must be surely having its maintenance still done and as it was open in February, needs a bit more work. The cinema also had broken water when I went too.

Loggers surely is still having work done to it (hopefully the tunnel).

X's closure must be something to do with the 2016 ride (unless it's getting another overhaul).

Also, AP day is earlier this year compared to previous ones too.