Flooding

Olistjj

Question

Nope, that's the concrete you're looking at.

Unsure why they'd think a lake would flood. It's not a river, it doesn't have a billion load of water coming from miles around going to it. The only water in there is the rain that's landed in it or the extreme local area. Of course it's not gonna flood.

As I don't believe you live in the immediate area I'm sure your unaware of the situation we, who live around the park are in, it's not a case of 'the water that lands on it ' it's the water that's now got nowhere to go so is coming up through the ground instead draining down. Many drains around my village have been spewing up water for weeks now due to how waterlogged the soil is.

No, I understand that. But nothing substantial drains into the lake, so the lake levels won't rise.

Drains spewing into the streets because the sewers and underground drainage system is full. That's the difference, it's a big difference. Otherwise the lake would've been the first thing to flood.

Look at Fish go! *insert joke about Flying Fish being the only ride able to run in a flood*

The lake level is rising, it's pretty much level with Staines Road at the moment. And in the video JoshC posted you can sort of see the lake rising above the grass banks next to the Vortex and Zodiac plaza. Nothing too bad yet though.