How Busy Is It Going To Be?

Mark9

Question

Right, so instead of endless topics asking us how busy the park is going to be, instead here is a rough guide to the kind of business the park/s should be expecting this season. It's not set in stone and remember business can be effected by weather, ride reliability, mount of trains/cars on the rollercoasters, amount of staff working on things, fastrack etc etc etc!10am - 5pm Weekday. Likely to be very empty, particularly in term time. Queue time should be minimal (Unless your name is Stealth and you have a stupid system where you can only load 4 in the first, 8 in the second and then you end up rolling back anyway etc etc) 10am-5pm Weekend. Will be emptyish, however likely to be long queues for Saw, Colossus, Stealth and Nemesis Inferno.10am-6pm. Busy but not so bad. Queues for the coasters could reach 45/60 minutes, whilst the rest of the flat rides should be a max of 30 minutes. June and July are when schools start rolling in, so between 11-3 the park will be very busy.9.30am-6pm. Should be busy. Queues for the coasters could reach 60/90 minutes and the rest of the rides queues will be between 20/40 minutes. Fastrack will be in operation.9.30-7pm. Expected to be busy. Queues should be similar to 9.30-6.00 close except the last hour should be quite empty.9.30-8.00 Again should be busy. At least you have a long day to get on quite a few rides. 10.00am-10.00pm Will be busy. Last year wasn't as bad as previously however if it ever hits peak capacity, queues will be up to 2 hours for the rollercoasters and between 45/90 minutes for the flat rides.Remember guys, read this guide to help if you beat the queues without wasting money on Fastrack. Also use the park well. Head to Stealth and Inferno instead of Saw and Colossus. Do rides whilst they look empty instead of following the majority of the crowds.

Today queues ranged from 5 minutes to 30 minutes for the coasters (except X which was on 40/50 minutes). The water rides were near walk on and the flats ranged between 5 and 15 minutes (except Rush which was 30 minutes due to one swing operation). The weather wasn't great today though so that may have put a few people off visiting. The weather for Thursday looks better than it was today so it could be a bit busier but shouldn't be as bad as the summer months will be.

I second scarycoasterboy, I havn't queued more than half an hour for anything today (Saw - The Ride) and queued 10 minutes for X as we got on it fairly early in the day but the queue was outside the building later in the day. The Swarm had a queue of 0 minutes for forward facing seats both times I rode it today, ended up queuing 20 minutes to "Brave it Backwards" later in the day but the main queue was walk on.

Hi guys,

I'm looking to go to Thorpe Park tomorrow with a friend.

Any ideas how busy it's likely to be?

Thanks in advance.

I'm going today and my friend said that yesterday was pretty much dead. Al the rides were 0 mins except swarm which the had to wait a while for backwards seats(no more than 30 mins)

Hope this helps :)

James

Hard to call but if the weather is good it can be pretty packed.

If you have an insert day either side that would probably be best, other than that just avoid weekends is the best you can do.

What sorta queues for 'the big ones' we saying here?

I don't have inset days at my school because we get extended holidays so I basically go on those extra days(usually empty) or I go on a weekend. I don't mind queueing 60 mins but I don't like queueing longer so Sundays are generally fine for me :)

Thanks

Bank holidays are always weird ones. Either everyone goes and it's really busy, or everyone expects it to be a bist because it's a bank holiday and it's really quiet. Can be a bit of pot lucky really, but normally I found the May Day one isn't too bad.

I'd say be prepared / expect to queue around 30-45mins for the major coasters. That way, if it's less than that, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

A friend of mine from overseas is visiting me in June and I'd like to take her to Thorpe Park. However I'm not sure what day would be the best. Our options are

Sunday 23rd June

Monday 24th June

Sunday is weekend, but I've heard people say it's often less busy than Saturday. Monday is a weekday and I guess some schools haven't yet finished their terms, but it might be busy with school trips?
Any recommendations as to which day would be better? Or would it be maybe best to decide according to weather forecast(we don't mind a bit of rain, if it means smaller queues)

Thanks for any help!

I don't think the school trips happen on any big scale until mid - late July, just before the start of the summer break. I'd definitely go for the Monday but plan to get there on time and leave at the death, as even if the schools do show up they mostly turn up late and leave early so there are plenty of empty queuelines at the beginning and end of the day.

We have a choice of going to Thorpe Park sometime between May 25th and June 2nd. As this is school holiday time will there be any difference which day we choose or will it be better not at the weekend purely because some parents won't have time off? Any help would be appreciated.

As it is a school holiday being it half term, it will be slightly busier then normal. The weekend is always busier then the week day so your best bet is a weekday, it won't be as busy as the summer holiday period or when the schools invade the park but it will be busier then normal, normal being a normal work or school week. I hope this helps :D