News Desk

Cringle

I'm sorry, but I have a strong dislike for the social networking bits.This is a forum. A place for discussing a particular subject; theme parks in this instance. So why do we need to share them over a social networking site or print them off or whatever?And the whole notification stuff and status thing. I mean come on. Is this Facebook II now?

You do realise that MH is pretty much a social network in itself. :)

Okay, lets make this a little more simpler for you.Community = Network Forum = Social

And I'll make it easy for you.In my eyes:Social Network: A place for friends just to have fun and talk about whatever.Community Forum: A place where people make friends from having a similar hobby.Let's just drop it now, yeah? Whilst I stick by my opinion, I regret saying it.

I'm sorry but you make me laugh! I'm the most cynical and pessimistic person you will ever meet and I think your worse than me. Now that's saying something. Anyway I haven't noticed the social networking stuff so I'm happys but the only gripe I have is changing my profile and stuff like that is confusing and shizz =S

• 1 month later...

Hey guysJust to let you know we've just enabled the Rep System within the forum softwarePosted ImageAbove is a screenshot of what you will see on all posts, when you feel a post if of a good quality and contributes well to the topic we urge you to use the system!Let us know if you have any feedback / questions!

Amazingly, the world doesn't revolve around you.... :)Yeah I like the positive feedback option, I personally wouldn't like a negative option as people pre-judge members and their posts by the amount of rep points they have.

Comment in bold is completely false :l And it wouldn't really, as I explained to you people have reasons behind Negative Rep, hence why it should be instated. If it's a pointless reason, then you could easily remove the reputation. Although due to using IP Board, you don't know how to do that, is that good enough proof that vB is better? :P <3

Comment in bold is completely false :l And it wouldn't really, as I explained to you people have reasons behind Negative Rep, hence why it should be instated. If it's a pointless reason, then you could easily remove the reputation. Although due to using IP Board, you don't know how to do that, is that good enough proof that vB is better? :) <3

Just look at your boyfriends reputation on his profile..

We found before that when we had both, that people abused the negative purely because they didn't like someone. We don't have the time to sit through and monitor every single rep.

That's simply why you should have a thread where people can report it, and tbh with IP Board, you can't comment on the reputation, which is absolutely awful, however there are some valid reasons for having -rep, and with it the bitchy comments should stop, because instead of being bitchy they could quite easily just -rep ;)

I will accept this. Because the case you have presented makes sense and obviously the people who are going to abuse the +rep system shouldn't be allowed to use the -rep system, if only there was solely sensible people. ;) A guy can dream! Hopefully people prove themselves and we can have the -rep system, because -rep is crucial to a reputation system :')

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...