News Desk

Cringle

aw why are you leaving mark?

I've just lost interest in the forums really and whilst I really wanted to do a Chessington website, I feel that as I've been so close to the park over the last five years, I wouldn't be able to write about the park in a fair way. I feel as if the theme park chapter of my life is now coming to an endI wish TPM all the best though, when Marc and I started the site back in oh... late 2003, I never thought it would achieve the things it has. Make a great site MikeyT and Keith, Chessington's such a fantastic park and the enthusiasm you both share for the park should make it a fantastic website.

• 3 months later...

Just an update for you on the website and forum itself as there has been only park news recently. First TPM, as you may be aware I rejoined the forum as a moderator a few weeks ago. This was because after my first few visits to Thorpe park this year, my interest in the park has been reunited and I could see a few areas on TPM that hadn't been updated or touched for years. Some of the changes will be subtle such as a rejig of ride descriptions (As Samurai has seen recently) or a complete redo (Rumba Rapids). We've also added the Saw Island area. Seperate from Canada Creek, the park agreed that instead of shoehorning it in, it has its own dedicated page. The team (Ian, Marc, Ricky and I) will be working on this over the next few weeks so let us know what you think and any changes you think we should implement.A few things have been asked about Chessington Mania over the last few weeks. To be honest with you, it's a difficult one to call. We want to do the park justice but with Themeuk having so much material and rescources (particularly from the past) it's a hard area to tap into. Nevertheless, having spoken with Themeparkmad and MikeyT, they have got the enthusiasm and dedication to make it a fantastic site. I know it's been a long time coming but when it does come out it will be brilliant.As for the Forum, with the increased useage over the last few weeks there have been a few spam sessions and a few people who see fit to insult others or members of staff at the park. In a few weeks we will be rolling out some new ground rules to the forum just to reiterate the guidelines to the forum. Remember, if a member starts acting out of line just use the report button instead of deciding to take on the mantle and try to moderate yourselfs. There was a spam attack last night by a member and many of you went the right way about it and the matter was dealt with swiftly.We are hoping to arrange a Meet to Chessington soon and a topic will be posted very shortly hopefully with an ERT session also arranged.Again if you have any comments or questions, just message one of the moderators.Thanks for listening. :P

• 4 months later...

Hi all,Weve recently updated the forum software, and have had to rebuild the skin from scratch to take advantage of the new features.It should all look pretty much the same, you now have a few nice new features giving you the chance to share things on social networks, previewing topics and a mobile version of the site optimised for the iPhone.If you spot anything wrong or have any suggestions please let us know.CheersMarc

I'm sorry, but I have a strong dislike for the social networking bits.This is a forum. A place for discussing a particular subject; theme parks in this instance. So why do we need to share them over a social networking site or print them off or whatever?And the whole notification stuff and status thing. I mean come on. Is this Facebook II now?

I'm sorry, but I have a strong dislike for the social networking bits.This is a forum. A place for discussing a particular subject; theme parks in this instance. So why do we need to share them over a social networking site or print them off or whatever?And the whole notification stuff and status thing. I mean come on. Is this Facebook II now?

If you don't want to use it, then don't :)

I'm really starting to think you don't like anything... :) Just for clarification (so that people don't just assume I back everything that happens on TPM) I said this to marc about half an hour ago.

Mark.. and ya jerk it out says: argh those symbols at the bottom of topics on tpm

I'm sorry, but I have a strong dislike for the social networking bits.This is a forum. A place for discussing a particular subject; theme parks in this instance. So why do we need to share them over a social networking site or print them off or whatever?

Perhaps somone would like to show somone else the discussion taking place on here? This is just a new inbuilt feature of the software, social networking is becoming a huge part of everyday life and somthing we will see more and more everywhere.

And the whole notification stuff and status thing. I mean come on. Is this Facebook II now?

This is pretty much the same as it was in the previous version of the forum software..

I'm really starting to think you don't like anything... :)

I find that slightly unfair.Yeah, I'm cynical and pessimistic at times. I'm also fair and optimistic at others. Then again, you might not want to read my TP TR that will be coming tonight; it really will back up your claim.. But, when I criticise this site, I'm doing it for the good of the site, believe it or not. This whole social networking site thing is silly and needless. Basic is best. Yeah, I dunno if this is a feature that is optional or not, but it makes the site look worse, not better. Simply my opinion, I dunno whether anyone else shares it, but you never know. :P