News Desk

Cringle

I think, if you want to award post counts, it should be 100, 250, 500, 1000 and either stop there, or carry on in thousands from that point. I think they're pretty respectable milestones and there's enough 'lower ones' to encourage part-timers to post more regularly, whilst stopping continued spam.

I like everything else, all seems pretty fine to me. The only other one I would suggested is an award for having a particularly highly liked post (maybe 5 likes and 10 likes?). It shows you've made a good-quality post that people have enjoyed, so could encourage more good quality posts. Also, it's more of an 'award', something you've achieved, as opposed to an achievement you can kinda 'unlock', if that makes sense? Just an idea. :)

What about winners of chat games? I'd be happy to display that :P Or like awards for posts achieving a certain amount of 'likes' maybe?

I thought that about chat games, but not sure how it would work. Recently we've been playing games weekly, and that would be quite a lot of awards and a little too easy/nothing special achieved if that makes sense.

But I was thinking - if we were to have another quiz kinda thing (like "Quiz Jizz" which Sidders has hosted previously), where there are a number of quizzes, one each week, each on a different theme park for example - we could have awards for the winners of each quiz (as it's a bit more than just winning a game in chat and we'll know how many quizzes there will be). Maybe we could spice it up a bit and have a finale quiz, where the winners of the previous ones (or top 3 if one person wins them all/majority :P ) compete against each other to become the "Ultimate Quiz Jizzer"! :crazy:

I think, if you want to award post counts, it should be 100, 250, 500, 1000 and either stop there, or carry on in thousands from that point. I think they're pretty respectable milestones and there's enough 'lower ones' to encourage part-timers to post more regularly, whilst stopping continued spam.

I like everything else, all seems pretty fine to me. The only other one I would suggested is an award for having a particularly highly liked post (maybe 5 likes and 10 likes?). It shows you've made a good-quality post that people have enjoyed, so could encourage more good quality posts. Also, it's more of an 'award', something you've achieved, as opposed to an achievement you can kinda 'unlock', if that makes sense? Just an idea. :)

Yes. This is basically what I was thinking but didn't quite know how to word it :P

One more suggestion from me about this ( :P ):

After a while, there'll be members with loads of awards, which could end up cluttering the signatures a bit at the bottom. Is there any way to have coloured medals, so say if you've attended 5 meets, instead of having, for example, 5 silver medals, you have 1 gold medal? Then 6 means you have 1 gold, 1 silver, etc. Not sure if that's even something which is possible / already in place, but think it'd be quite cool if that could / is happening! :)

One more suggestion from me about this ( :P ):

After a while, there'll be members with loads of awards, which could end up cluttering the signatures a bit at the bottom. Is there any way to have coloured medals, so say if you've attended 5 meets, instead of having, for example, 5 silver medals, you have 1 gold medal? Then 6 means you have 1 gold, 1 silver, etc. Not sure if that's even something which is possible / already in place, but think it'd be quite cool if that could / is happening! :)

I think that is the plan, with a numbered rosette for each type/category of award.

• 8 months later...

Hey all

Just a quick update from us - Firstly due to other commitments Dara has left the Mania hub team - I'm sure you'll join me in thanking him for his contributions to the forums.

I would also like to welcome Josh C and Altitude (Ethan) to the team - both have been helping out for a number on months on things behind the scenes with a lot of the website and Facebook content and both deserve the recognition!

Thanks  

Marc

Thanks to Marc and all the TPM Team for the opportunity to help out!  

Sad to see Dara leave the Team; he was certainly a great part of it and irreplaceable.

I'll mainly be helping write up articles for the main site, and ensuring TPM has the most up to date news about the park.  Do feel free to PM me if you have any questions or worries about stuff on the site, or indeed on the forums!

Josh

This is spooky - I was only thinking earlier that I hadn't seen Sidders online for a while and had a feeling he might have stepped down/would be stepping down! Tis a shame, and ditto to what Josh said, but understandably people do have other commitments :)

And woo, welcome Josh and Altitude!

Well I recently noticed that Sidders no longer has the mod tagline below his pic, so that's probably not a good sign...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Poo Poo :(

It's cool on desktop but awful on mobile, some points:

Mobile:

• Can't see which topics have been replied to from the homepage.
  • Have to press too many buttons to get to chat/blogs/calendar
  • Seems to be running quite slow
  • You have to click the small timestamp on homepage to go to that page, easy to accidentally click the larger users profile pic icon
  • No desktop site alternative
  • Trickier to navigate
  • Easier to post media!
  • Much clearer layout of posts and being able to like/quote etc
  • Much cleaner and more professional looking mobile site

Desktop:

• Announcements section at top with forum rules is too large, takes up over half the screen
  • New circular profile pics are cool idea but cuts down the photo a bit
  • Can't seem to find the links to most popular content/highest posters etc
  • Chat looks nicer
  • Alerts for new posts in topic I'm reading are clearer.
  • Uploading media is easier
  • My attachments section is cool
  • Create content section is cool
  • New profiles with cover photos are cool

Marc has fixed most of my "moans" now, thanks ;)