Drayton Manor

rollerross11

Whilst I agree with you that they are likely shooting themselves in the foot by not selling any (possible) tickets left on the day, I feel that the main attraction for visitors (oops I mean fangirls) on the day will just be the Vamps, leading to the park's expectation that they may 'sell out...'

And should this mean that season pass holders and people who turn up on the day (even those who aren't interested in the Vamps) are excluded? Personally I wouldn't care less if there was a band there, I'd just want to go on the ride! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So me and JoahC. visited today and what a day we had! Due to the weather the park was dead! :D

Air Race is amazing! Sublimely awesome in every way! On our second go we counted the inversions and got up to 18 (beat that Merlin ;) ). Ben 10 is an excellent family coaster with a great little queue. Really good fun! They're also expanding Thomas Land for next year onto the concrete car park next to the Troublesome Trucks coaster.

Oh and Pirate Adventure was using 3 or 4 boats probably :P

Echoing SCB's comments - great day, with a great ride count.  First time visiting the park and it was a great first trip to the place.

I'll do a TR in the next day or two, but really enjoyed the likes of G Force, Air Race and Ben 10.  Shockwave has potentially left me with a few less children for the future.  A few neat rides for a small park too.  

Echoing SCB's comments - great day, with a great ride count.  First time visiting the park and it was a great first trip to the place.

I'll do a TR in the next day or two, but really enjoyed the likes of G Force, Air Race and Ben 10.  Shockwave has potentially left me with a few less children for the future.  

That's fine, it's not like there's a lack of children on this planet these days :-)

Surprised about g force love though, that thing is pretty universally hated.

Surprised about g force love though, that thing is pretty universally hated.

See it's an odd one, I really enjoy the quirkiness of G-Force (I still question the drunkard who drew it out). It's one of those rides that lots of enthusiasts dislike but other park visitors rave about it! Yes it'll always have a queue as it's right next to the entrance and has a low throughput (which was actually about the same as Shockwave on 1 train) but the guests love it! It's the same with Rip Ride Rokit, a lot of enthusiasts can't stand it but the other guests love it. 

But the stapling is bad, it does it in some of the oddest places as well. But if you get a ride where your bar remains comfortable it's actually really good fun (in my opinion). Much like the rest of Drayton, it's an oddity.

On another note, I love what Air Race's restraints do. They lock both ways so they won't any more or tighten throughout the ride which makes it really enjoyable. Would like to see this rolled out onto other rides.

Personally, I love Air Race's restraints they are super comfy and its awesome that they don't tighten up throughout the ride like many others. Actually gives you a chance to enjoy the ride instead of thinking about the amount of pain the restraints are giving you.

I agree with you! They are the same on the one at brighton pier! Where you can select how tight you want it and if you want it sort of loose then it stays like that! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had my chance to try Air Race during the last two weeks and I thought it pretty good.

Actually, I love GForce and that hang time. We are all built differently and though I was able to ride it continuously, others in the group either did not ride it at all, or only once. As to "built differently", I ride Shockwave with my legs lifted up so I get a tighter roll, and I think, though it's somewhat late for me, it protects other areas.

DM, nice park.

• 5 months later...

was looking on their website which has been updated (recently!?) and looks pretty decent, and spotted the information about the parks closed rides and park closing time...

'The park is open. Gates open at 9.30am. Rides open from 10.30am. Closed Rides: Pirate Adventure, The Bounty and Splash Canyon. Ride queues close at 7.00pm'

Besides the fact 2 good rides are closed! ride queues close at 7!? fair play drayton :)

also the new thomas land expansion is open