Walibi Holland

Feel like this could be in a similar vain to Intamin's wing riders (Skyrush) than B&M's ones. Not that that'd be a bad thing.

Totally called it ;)

In all seriousness though, I had been expecting a spinner for a while now, so this is a pleasant surprise. The things I've heard of Skyrush have all been ridiculously positive, so a Mack take on that, seemingly crossed between a Eurofighter, has the potential to be incredible. Really looking forward to this!

Also, Mack have said over Facebook that these cars are their 'BigDipper' cars. Will no doubt be seeing a few of these spring up soon I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Photos...

N2LOfnp.jpg

p0UN7D2.jpg

DG30foe.jpg

a7Sduwj.jpg

pCXFxOq.jpg

Source:  http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2308487#Post2308487

That first drop looks absolutely fab!   :wub:  I'm a bit unsure on the theming still; some of it looks a bit tacky I think, but some of it looks pretty awesome.  Hopefully when it's finished it will come together quite well.

Also, some of the soundtrack has appeared...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKzEdAl4Ck

So this opened yesterday, and seems to have good reviews so far, despite some awkward pacing during the ride.

For anyone interested, I'd suggest looking at the park's Snapchat (walisnaps), which shows the opening ceremony. Fireworks, confetti, dancers, actors, live performances, the lot. They certainly know how to open a ride it seems!

• 7 months later...

Goliath, the park's headline coaster, is getting a repaint to help celebrate the ride's 15th birthday next season...

15078508_1329439560423767_62329785512071

I like the colour, though some of the community seem to be a bit wary of the loss of the iconic green.  

In other news, the potential new ride for next year (which was said to be a thrill ride replacing the old 4D theatre near Lost Gravity) might not be happening.  One of their Halloween attractions, The Clinic, used the space this year, and had a lot of money thrown at it apparently, and is also returning next year (if you're a fan of scare attractions, I'd recommend looking it up!).  But given that this is Walibi, who knows what they're planning...

• 2 weeks later...

There's good news and bad news coming out of Walibi Holland...

Good news:  Speed of Sound, their Vekoma boomerang, is being repainted, with the same colours.

Bad news:  (H)El Condor, their atrocious Vekoma SLC which causes pain to every inch of your body, and should be ripped down as soon as physically possible, is also being repainted, also with the same colours.  

Source:  http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/6497/Walibi-Holland-verft-deze-winter-drie-achtbanen.html

I wonder if all this money bring used for repaints has come due to the presumed non-appearance of the 2017 attraction?

• 2 weeks later...