Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Also someone posted earlier that containment needed a room where the crew can watch was going on & just wanted to say the do, it's the first door of the container when your walking past flying fish towards swarm, the door was open last night so had a cheeky look in. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone actually done containment and is it worth the money? Considering it for next visit...

In short, I thought it was worth doing for the one off to experience it, but me being someone who is scared of mazes didn't find it scary, although the pressure of time did make me panic a bit, and in general it was a decent attraction, I'd feel a bit ripped off if I didn't make it to the last room though, as in theory you could run out of time in the first room after 5 minutes and then that's your experience over.

Such a great day on Sunday. Park opening seemed busy with a massive annual pass holder queue but everyone seemed to disappear and we were left with empty queuelines pretty much all day.

Knew the travelling folk would be there, being the first Sunday of Fright Nights, but they didn't cause us any problems. Can be quite intimidating when they congregate in large numbers however.

In short, I thought it was worth doing for the one off to experience it, but me being someone who is scared of mazes didn't find it scary, although the pressure of time did make me panic a bit, and in general it was a decent attraction, I'd feel a bit ripped off if I didn't make it to the last room though, as in theory you could run out of time in the first room after 5 minutes and then that's your experience over.

See that's exactly what I was worried about :') knowing me I'd probably manage to run out of time :') I'm at a stage where I literally don't even flinch in mazes so if this is even less scary then I pretty much definately won't be scared. Still, may give it a go, thanks for the info :)

could someone pm a detailed description of what exactly goes on in containment?? thanks

I will when I get home :)

Containment was good but not scary. Just about worth the £8. Glad I experienced it but like said I wouldn't do it again, once you've done it once it would be pointless doing it again.

Mix your liquid up at 100% PG and you won't produce any 'smoke' at low voltage (up to 3.6v, or minimal smoke that most people won't even notice), I don't know if they still sell them but there used to be keyring size atomisers you can easily conceal in your hand.

Sorry for going OT, but I don't see the fuss either, vaping in a queue line is no more dangerous to other people than breathing in their direction, but I can kind of understand why it causes issues, unless you're a vaper for an everyday layman it's virtually impossible to tell the difference between smoke and vapour, people see 'smoke' and automatically think someone's smoking, plus the fag industries propaganda campaign against vaping just makes things worse as there is so much wrong information out there, it's also impossible to tell anybody they are wrong, simple solution to save hassle is just don't vape or take a small unit that doesn't produce 'smoke'.

I still think the non-smoke cigarettes (or whatever they're called) in queues are wrong, it sends the wrong message to people (especially smokers who then think it's okay for them to smoke).

As for people smoking real cigarettes in queues, it's just gross and very selfish, but sadly it seems to happen a lot at Thorpe.

Smoking in the queuelines can block key points of sight in cameras, and can annoy other guests and trigger thing such as asthma if other guests in the queue line have it which the park would be held responsible for. Also sometimes ops can't tell if it's a vape or a cigarette so the same rules apply. Furthermore cigarettes have proven to be quite dangerous in areas where the fences are made of wood, and in some places they can mess up sensors.

Believe it or not I do agree with you, I tend to respect 'smoking' rules at places and try not to vape, but sadly the small majority of fat shell suit wearing over makeup'd chavs who think they can vape wherever they want **** it up for the rest of us who know how to be discrete.