Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

E-stops have still been a problem today.

Two on MBV, one on Saw Alive and The Big Top has just had one.

Agreed imindetonator, Fright Nights has really gone downhill this year overall IMO, the actors in particular seem much worse than in previous years - most today have just run past us in mazes and they aren't dressing up as the characters, most just have blood and white face paint on.

Once again, there's two commentators on here who only voice negative opinion. And one who only voices positive opinion. As far as I'm aware, the rest are broadly neutral. It's not on and off, they messed up friday and saturday. They did good today. Theres potential to see that they have fixed the issues they had over the last few days. I'm not saying its perfect, but we could be up for seeing something good. At least the Big Top appears to have improved... 

E-stops have still been a problem today.

Two on MBV, one on Saw Alive and The Big Top has just had one.

Agreed imindetonator, Fright Nights has really gone downhill this year overall IMO, the actors in particular seem much worse than in previous years - most today have just run past us in mazes and they aren't dressing up as the characters, most just have blood and white face paint on.

I have to agree there too, I have enjoyed myself today but the acting and costumes definitely not as good as previous years.

Park music is not great either, I miss the days of every ride having a different track, and them all playing loud. There is little atmosphere with the volume being as low as it is in most of the areas this year. As an example. the whole of the Stealth area for instance has one speaker playing music near the shop, and the platform playing its circus theme fairly quietly

Once again, there's two commentators on here who only voice negative opinion. And one who only voices positive opinion. As far as I'm aware, the rest are broadly neutral. It's not on and off, they messed up friday and saturday. They did good today. Theres potential to see that they have fixed the issues they had over the last few days. I'm not saying its perfect, but we could be up for seeing something good. At least the Big Top appears to have improved... 

I actually really enjoyed Big top, I saw at least 7 actors and got placed into a dead end with just two others in the mirror maze, to then be chased out.

Last night it was very busy, coasters and mazes closing and stopping. I can now share my favourite mazes, in order:

1. Cabin in the Woods

Very intense, jumpy and a hectic atmosphere

2. My Bloody Valentine

My first go was alright, but the second run was very in your face (probably because I was at the back of the group)

3. Blair Witch Project

It was well executed, even better without the audio and floodlights

4. Saw Alive

It was alright, I just felt too safe inside.

5. Big Top

Most anticipated but was awful. Madame Mephisto would only let us take one route, dropping poster didn't drop, and chainsaw clown just looked at us funny. However, human baby only let us take dead end.

Um, there's a couple of pumpkins by Bush BBQ - this was on Weds though - they may have added other stuff

What does everyone think of the ride audio? I miss The Director - especially on Stealth, although funnily enough with the new audio, Stealth is the one I actually don't mind.  On Inferno you can barely hear what is being said - the person doing the voice just sounds a bit....angry/borderline pervy, I dunno.

Going by todays reports it sounds like things are improving with FN - hopefully they will continue to do so in the coming days

Is the park decorations any good? Or are they just some scattered bits round the park.

Only the area around Bush BBQ is themed (apart from the mazes), the rest is unthemed.

And who are they?

I like to be positive but not much about the mazes this year leaves me buzzing with excitement, the acting is poor, lots of effects are broken, the actor costumes are all the same and The Big Top still feels half-done.

Cabin and Saw Alive are the best mazes this year IMO.

FOR AMARGHH WHO ASKED LIKE 5 PAGES AGO IF ACTORS BROKE OUT OF CHARACTER YESTERDAY

Yes they did brake out of character if people tried to open doors in Cabin. One was standing right infront of the control room door and when one of our group tried to open the door they were told that it was out of bounds and the actor broke character. This was similar to the forest scene inside the maze too.

Roaming actors broke out of character after a youth threatened to punch the 'sh*t' out of him if he didn't back away in 5 seconds. I expect this will be a regular occurance baring in mind the sort of nasty youth this event attracts. Having said that for the most part the actors stayed well in character and that was the only serious scene I saw where a visitor caused a scene for an actor to brake character where he said 'if you talk like that to me or any other actor again I will call security and get you removed from the park'. The group ran off.

I do wonder where the line for breaking out of character is drawn.

Roaming actors broke out of character after a youth threatened to punch the 'sh*t' out of him if he didn't back away in 5 seconds. I expect this will be a regular occurance baring in mind the sort of nasty youth this event attracts. Having said that for the most part the actors stayed well in character and that was the only serious scene I saw where a visitor caused a scene for an actor to brake character where he said 'if you talk like that to me or any other actor again I will call security and get you removed from the park'. The group ran off.

Surprisingly when a guest had a panic attack in the mazes apparently the actors didn't break character. I wonder where the line is drawn.

Threatening to punch an actor?  Jeez - I think even a threat should be a case for removing a guest tbh.

When I was there on Wednesday there were some roaming actors as we were queuing for BWP - a guest was sitting down and from what I could see (and from my own experiences) she was having a panic attack - one of the actors comforted her until paramedics arrived

There was soo many dodgy people around tonight, and really did ruin the atmosphere. While we were waiting for containment, people were throwing rubbish and filled up bottles from the top of depth charge down on the floor and near containment. Staff must of shouted at least 5 times threatening to call security, we just said to them 'Please get them out' and they just laughed and said we would if we had a radio.

We just had our photo for Saw Alive and suddenly there was an evac, staff and actors were all very serious and got people out very quick and was all caused by someone 'abusing' an actor. When we did Saw Alive again later that night the roaming actors were banging the fense and making a laughing sound (being clowns.) The person in front of us in the queue then started having a go at them, saying 'Come to this side of the f****** fense then' and then attempted climbing over, a member of staff then stepped in and shouted saying if he continues to behave like that she'll get him kicked off the park.

There was also other incidents which I won't go in to, but staff just don't do enough. Way too many chances are given to people and lots of people in the park that just shouldn't be there.

Anyway, operations were amazing today both on rides and on mazes, throughputs on mazes seem a lot higher than previous years. Didn't see a single ride have a shutdown, but is a shame to see Slammer down again. Maze wise there was one shutdown on Saw Alive as mentioned and one time when we tried to do MBV it was closed due to a technical issue. They said it was due to the lights and it had happened 4 times that night. I will write proper trip report tomorrow.

What is it about Thorpe in general that attracts these people? You don't see them at AT or even pleasure beach which is stereotypically worse

The place they all live is ten mins down the road. Same with McDonald's in stained which needs a bouncer on a Sunday. I saw them running into the outdoor section of big top which annoyed the actors but they kept their cool.

Last year some people tried to queue skip infront of me and my friends in my bloody valentine and when we asked them to leave the line they said if we said it again they would stab us. Unfortunately for them we were near the front of the line and the attraction host heard them. We didn't see them for the rest of the night