Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

I actually I thought TCITW on my run was meh.  I thought Big Top was alright, the first tent was meh, the rest was good.

IMO MBV was great. This is because I've never been down the sloping tunnel route before, and the actors were liveley even no HARRY WARDEN!

The best for me was BWP, it was manic, specially the ending which had four actors!

Sadly Cabin had no ballerina or fornicus on my run through, and MBV is gas-maskless.

What have thorpe done? Has there costume department disapeared? MBV would of the best for me if there was gas masks.

Like who needs Harry warden, it isn't like he is the main KILLER in the film....

Agreed with this, it's almost like they have lost all the costumes and have had to make do with old E10 overalls (Cabin) and generic face paint instead of gas masks (MBV).

Good costumes really made the event last year (and in past years), this is just shoddy. :(

Agreed with this, it's almost like they have lost all the costumes and have had to make do with old E10 overalls (Cabin) and generic face paint instead of gas masks (MBV).

Good costumes really made the event last year (and in past years), this is just shoddy. :(

see, I can't agree with this. I went yesterday and cabin was by far the best maze (as I've said earlier, it was just ridiculous, so so many actors everywhere). anyway, I saw a large variety of different monsters this year. the surgeons, the mask dudes, some generic monster looking guy in a hillbilly outfit with some kinda furry face (wasn't a werewolf?? didn't recognise him from the film either but whatever), and also some guy behind this glass window with half a face, which was really really well done. and they're just the ones I can remember!! only things missing from last year were the ballerina girl and fornicus so yeah, can't really say they skimped on the outfits this year. nearly every character except the lab looking dudes were different, and all of them looked great :-).

For me, this year Cabin was the best, since there were so many actors and they were so enthusiastic. I think I saw about 3 actors in the entire run through of MBV and the ones I did see just had white face paint... Also the pre-show was rushed and we were given no speech... Big Top was very good also,especially the last tent, apart from the fact that the chainsaw clown had to wriggle past us to get behind us to scare us and he accidentally hit someone with the chainsaw in the head, shutting the maze down... Blair witch was okay apart from tripping over a tent peg and falling into a bush I guess

Big top last night was so fab. Our first run through was so much better then last Saturday's however the second one was glorious.

A great amount of actors, great use of props and the ability to touch people, and actually being chased out by the chain saw at the end was great.

I'd still love to see some people behind the funhouse windows but other then that all the props that I'm aware of were used!

MBV wasn't nearly as good as last week but had a good finale with an actor swinging a pick axe right in front of me and proper getting close, and it was nice to find the Cabin control room, although the run through was a lot longer and probably a better route it wasn't quite as enjoyable as last week.

Blair witch shook me. One actor properly frightened me by banging a large oil drum with something and jumping out at me, never have I been so terrified, pretty much ever to be honest. It was great!

Had a pretty killer day in the end, not bad queues at all really, and everything seemed to be doing good!

According to my behind the scenes tour opening weekend... There was only one scene in big top unfinished (although they're always looking to make improvements based on feedback), so the scene in the main tent with the cages (and the adult baby actor?) it's pretty dimly lit, they said it was awaiting some tech to be able to finish the scene, so I was gutted to find no change to it whatsoever, so there may be yet more improvements to come by this weekend... I was very pleased with it on Saturday though and it really made the blank sections feel whole :) gutted I won't get to go fright nights again this year, but let's hope big top returns in 2016... And I got Chessington Howl'O'Ween this weekend and Scarefest at Towers on Halloween to look forward to!

I did maze backstage tour yesterday and they confirmed that the Lionsgate mazes will be leaving and replaced with their own mazes after this year. The Big Top is the start of transition to their own mazes and will stay for the next 3-5 years. They're hiring the tents out but after each year they will be buying one of them. They also said though Big Top is staying, they have the freedom to change characters/storyline in future if they would like to.

A lot of the props inside Big Top are from past rides and experiences, there is a large drum from Miss Hippo's, and all the clothes on the rack in the makeup scene are costumes from old mazes.

The Big Top has lots of clues to WC16, two of the clues allowed our group to work out what the IP of the new ride will be ( as we are well clever). Containment has a lot of clues too, I really like how their Fright Nights attractions are teasing the new ride and I hope they do this again with attractions linking into each other.

The Big Top has lots of clues to WC16, two of the clues allowed our group to work out what the IP of the new ride will be ( as we are well clever). Containment has a lot of clues too, I really like how their Fright Nights attractions are teasing the new ride and I hope they do this again with attractions linking into each other.

Ha! Expect alllllll of the PMs to suddenly turn up now that you've said that...