Fright Nights 2015

Jack F

Ahah shouldn't this be on the WC16 topic? From what I've read both on here and the TowersTimes forum is that Derren Brown seems to definitely be involved in this, and that it's likely London Underground will be part of it.

(On Derren Brown's website:)

"Derren is the patron of The Parrot Zoo near Skegness and has kept four parrot: two Conures named Siegfried and Figaro, a Senegal called Mephisto and currently Rasputin, a Blue Quaker."

Anyone know why the staff on the bridge over Big Top hate you hanging around on it? We were repeatedly shooed off it yesterday. Is it just crowd control or do they not want you shouting at people in the maze?

the bridge is a "fire escape" I got told. I wanted to stand there for a bit and watch but I got told that I can't stand there as it's a fire escape 

Is it a shame that Fright Nights are almost completely centered on the mazes? I mean them and riding in the dark (and queuing in the dark) are pretty much the entire line-up. So much more could be added to make the event more diverse but it seems you could describe it as Maze Month rather then a Halloween event. 

Is it a shame that Fright Nights are almost completely centered on the mazes? I mean them and riding in the dark (and queuing in the dark) are pretty much the entire line-up. So much more could be added to make the event more diverse but it seems you could describe it as Maze Month rather then a Halloween event. 

What sort of other things would you suggest?

Sideshows like Halloween face painting, fire breathers, pumpkin carving for younger (and older) visitors, find the golden pumpkin and win an annual pass, actors jumping out periodically simulation zombie attacks on other actors disguised as visitors with puddles of fake blood. Oh, they could hire out some small boats, dress them up with lanterns and the like and have 'The Boat Man' take people out on the lake as though he were taking them to hell. I'll come back with some other suggestions.

to be fair to thorpe though, despite them going the more "family" route in general, fright nights pretty much attracts about 90% or so teenagers/grown adults. most of that would be uneccesary and would probably all get overlooked in favour of the mazes. the mazes are what the people like, so thorpe focus on them :).

anyway with the amount of queues the mazes get, after 3pm they'll pretty much be no time to do anything else other than a few night rides and the mazes..

People are asking too much of what is essentially a free event for premium annual passholders, when you look at towers charging for the mazes, and then you only get the free scare zone(s) which aren't that special. So with Thorpe charging the normal price for tickets and a fortune being spent on the mazes and the actors, there's only so much they can do!

I dont know when it was taken. It's not the clearest video, but clearly shows improvements to all 3 tents. Highlights included a tighter, more intense, and incredibly effective looking mirror maze; a better first tent experience; and an awesome chainsaw hall. This is the link: 

That video was taken this past weekend.

Also, to be Mr Killjoy, just a passing comment to say that recording equipment, including strapped on Go Pros, shouldn't be used in any of Thorpe's mazes (with the exception of Preview Night where everyone who was allowed to had signed contracts).  Equally, they shouldn't be used on any of Thorpe's attractions in general.  

From a personal standpoint, I believe that people shouldn't watch these videos of unofficial POVs, to help try and discourage people from trying to record them in the first place. :)

From a personal standpoint, I believe that people shouldn't watch these videos of unofficial POVs, to help try and discourage people from trying to record them in the first place. :)

Yeah that wouldn't stop people :P it's not too bad, they aren't doing any harm & it's nice to get to see the mazes if you haven't got to go in them

That video was taken this past weekend.

Also, to be Mr Killjoy, just a passing comment to say that recording equipment, including strapped on Go Pros, shouldn't be used in any of Thorpe's mazes (with the exception of Preview Night where everyone who was allowed to had signed contracts).  Equally, they shouldn't be used on any of Thorpe's attractions in general.  

I agree with you a little, but sadly there's gonna be someone somewhere who will do it and get away with it nethertheless..

Anyone attending the preview evening was allowed to film, but on normal FN dates you are not, however in some ways it's good - for example, I'm glad someone filmed Asylum as provides a memory and people who never experienced it would be able to watch it.

With that said, I don't condone filming in attractions without permission but on preview night it was allowed.

People are asking too much of what is essentially a free event for premium annual passholders, when you look at towers charging for the mazes, and then you only get the free scare zone(s) which aren't that special. So with Thorpe charging the normal price for tickets and a fortune being spent on the mazes and the actors, there's only so much they can do!

I just thought it would be nice to put in a little bit more Halloween magic is all. 

134116429234.gif