Derren Brown's Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon

Marc

Went into the shop Today. it is wonderfully themed and Looks amazing. it has a very creepy atmosphere that made me feel very uneasy so goodness knows what the ride is gonna be like. Was nice to see a shop with a bit more variety then most of the shops at Thorpe. I honestly feel like this ride is gonna be a success it feels part of the park already and it's not even open yet!

Saw some workmen with Intamin clothing on today heading into DBGT - that means severn-lamb, Simworx and Intamin have all been spotted around the attraction now!

It's sounding quite possible this is a multiple party contribution project now. Or there will be several rides/moving sensors as part of this attraction.

I wonder.

Saw some workmen with Intamin clothing on today heading into DBGT - that means severn-lamb, Simworx and Intamin have all been spotted around the attraction now!

I've learned never to believe anything like this posted here on the 1st of April

April fools or nah? (not that this seems important enough to be worth posting as a joke but just checking)

May have been mentioned before, but today a shutter to DBGT was open directly opposite the x queueline fire exit, and there was what appeared to be a very thick grey metal track like structure? Any ideas?

as applies to this :P

Didn't Intamin do the Moscow Monorail system? Pretty sure they made the moving floor walkways you see in airports too.

Interesting, as the track that is visible did look like it could be some sort of walkway or flat moving system

May have been mentioned before, but today a shutter to DBGT was open directly opposite the x queueline fire exit, and there was what appeared to be a very thick grey metal track like structure? Any ideas?

This is 100% true and is visible from the top of Slammer, left hand side. It does look like some sort of walkway, but its definitely a track

This all seems very interesting, especially if both simworks and Intamin are involved somehow.

I'm actually wondering something though. I hope this attraction will be OK for blind folks. I went to fright nights one year and, well, came out feeling really disappointed and not just scared. I like being scared, but... every room sounded the same. Then there was Chessington's mystery of hocus pocus hall where every room moved along a story and also sounded different, it was such a better experience for someone who can't see.

About dbgt though, much like the rest of you, I'm wondering how much will be vehicle and how much could be other elements.

Can someone please put the height of the building into perspective for me - give a rough estimate in meters or ft? A photo won't really work for me as my screen reader will just say the word graphic.

@ChessingtonSam thanks for that last post, instead of just putting a photo you gave a sort of description of what it contained. It really helps me imagine things a bit more, and lets me speculate with you guys a bit.

What sort of tracks were on the poster? I'm assuming train tracks to be paralell ish, but am I right in thinking that the poster has more... well... random looking tracks? Not straight at all? Or is it just a different style of straight track?

Can someone please put the height of the building into perspective for me - give a rough estimate in meters or ft? A photo won't really work for me as my screen reader will just say the word graphic.

I believe the warehouse building is around 10m and the shed is about 7m

The main part of the building (the warehouse) is about 10 meters high and about 35 to 40 meters long.  The other part of building (the red shed) is just over 7 meters high, but about 70 meters long.  So it's nowhere near as high as X, for example, but a fair bit longer.

Hopefully that helps!

• JoshC. unpinned this topic
  • JoshC. pinned this topic