X

Garyy

• 4 weeks later...

Oooooooh yes. Axwell on X. This has to be some of the best bits of news about Thorpe this year. :P Do I hear Miami 2 Ibiza at the start? This sounds like a decent playlist. ;)

It seems like they can afford copyrighted songs now! woo lol, Axwell on X though <3 all we need now is a bit of Buuren and Knife party and X would be perfect but then that is just me lol

Went on X today a couple of times, a very enjoyable ride and slightly better than last year. Changes to the ride include,

New ride music (expected) which works very well with the ride setting and is very catchy.

New lights in the ride with lasers, which changed colour and positions on the lift hill.

Baggage area is now located at the entrance (which was very unexpected when I found it).

Overall some good improvements on the ride this year.

The new music today was mostly Greyhound ...

And sounded pretty good too. Heard it on the radio on the way home as well, which made me smile.

As for the lights there are some improvements, with a rather effective tunnel created by one of the lasers and the lights moved to the outer edge of the ride rather than being stacked in the middle, so they feel like they belong to certain sections. A couple seem to be positioned too confuse, making it feel like the track goes one way when it actually goes the other.

Overall though, nearly everything of what I thought last year still stands. With the way they are now positioned if the lights were triggered as the train passed only it could be great, but as it is it is far far too light in there with everything on all the time. In fact, with them separately there seemed to be no time they were all off, when they were on the tower the whole lot would turn off together sometimes. So maybe it is actually worse?!

That'd odd pluk, cos when me and Han30 went on it it was alot darker then last year ever was, and I feel the new lights were an improvement because they weren't all in 1 place and I like that, the music, which sounded like it was 90% composed of Swedish House mafia, and their group members solo music and knife party. And occasionaly some other heavy hitting music. All I can say is, is that it is A LOT bassier and A LOT louder then it was before which, as one of my favourite rides in the park, isn't a downside :P

They should honestly rename it "X with Swedish House Mafia" abit like RnR with Aerosmith lol

When I went on it with Rich; it was Pendulum I think. Rich pointed out what it was; and there was a weird sort of mix tape track on before it.

I personally don't feel a huge difference with the new or old lighting rigs. I think the bottom line is it isn't in the same league as Rock 'n' Rollercoaster at Paris, for something that's trying to achieve a similar goal, although I too think it is darker now with the lights spread around.

Also, I had no smoke. Don't know if this is normal now. I also found audio randomly patchy in the queue line; with the odd 'really loud' section from last year now silent, and vice versa.