X

Garyy

• 2 months later...

Just a random thought...anyone noticed the similarites between XNWO and the London Underground? :PThey're both pitch black.The onload station of X is like a station platform, the way the train appears out of the dark and what the track looks like (sort of). Train goes off into darkness, wait a minute, next train arrives. Goes off...etc etc.They're both haunted! Well, apparently anyway. There was a program on TV a few years ago about ghosts on the underground, and X...don't even go there. I've heard a lot of things, granted they might not be true but here they are: operators have claimed to have seen figures standing on the Animations; in 06 a lot of guests for a period of time kept coming off claiming they saw an outline of a boy sitting on the track when they were on Animation 3. Not sure how they saw that in the pitch black but hey. I've never felt happy in there, before I heard any of these "ghost" stories so it wasn't my mind. Everytime I've been on this year, on Animation 3, I've felt unhappy and just not right, it carries on until the end of the ride. It sounds funny I know...but I've not been thinking about ghosts or anything scary, and it always happens at that same point. Who knows...People are always falling ill on the tube, guests are always throwing up on X! :PThey're both boiling hot especially in the summer.X has a long walk (ish) until you're actually on the ride. I always find I'm walking forever until I get to the train platform on the Underground!As you start to pick up speed, you stop :)It's a tight squeeze once everybody is in!The only major difference is that standing up on the Underground won't stop everything and get you thrown out by security :) in fact, most of the time you have to stand up!Hmm when I thought about this earlier it had a point, now it just seems completely random...but I spent ages typing it (was trying to eat at the same time) so I may as well post it!

I never understand why all those stories appear. Just because X is in the dark, it has to be haunted? LOLI remember going on that Annual Pass ghost tour one Fright Night and being told these stories and when we asked about X we were told "yes, as you're aware, X No Way Out is one of the most thrilling rides in the park...blah blah..." which of course gave us a fit of the giggles. No,I don't think it is. There's more chance of slipping on a pile of sick than seeing that 'little boy in red'.

People with epilepsy are advised not to ride X anyway. Besides, my mother has epilepsy and she can still go to gigs with me and my dad, despite all the strobe lighting, and not have any problems.Anyway, regarding the retheme of X, this is what I heard from a rides manager earlier in the year:- 'Ghost train' ride- Family ride- Forwards- The ride will be 'ripped out' and the inside of the pyramid LOWERED a great deal, to increase the size of the ride- Closes in September- No longer 'pitch black', but still a dark rideObviously, things will have changed since then, in fact I've heard the rumours were scrapped altogether. That makes sense with Fishy coming back. I was told this months ago and was assured this was definitely the plan for X. Maybe one day we'll look back at what could have been...

It's not really pitch black though because when your on it you can see the other trains going round when you have stopped whilst it is saying "access denied".

Everything regarding Thorpe Parks future is all pure rumour. The only thing we know is that SAW is opening, Miss Hippo's Fungle Safari has gone & the lake is still being filled.Everything else is just speculation. Don't trust anything unless it comes from a reliable source.

• 3 weeks later...

SO MUCH SICK. So little fun on X. No seriously, three consecutive piles splattered everywhere. I wish vomiting people would have a better aim, maybe not try for the direct centre of the exit queue, or just round a corner where EVERY single person steps in it.If you're sick after Saw or something, bad times, but sick after X.. you have absolutely no dignity whatsoever.

Does anyone know where to find that REALLY old queue line video?I only saw about 1 minute of it in 2007 and it was saying something like:All the power from Lost City attracted scientists who then built th X:\Tecnology Centre where they could safely study that power and use it to fuel robots. Then the robots go haywire, theCentre closes down and hence - X:\No Way Out is born.

• 2 weeks later...

but it could badly hurt someone because they could not find the train and could walk of somewhere or trip or damage themselves,having no lights is most likely a health risk

Like I said, it would make the ride more interesting (bet you can tell how much I like X:\NWO ;) ). :P Hypothetically it would be funny but realistically, yeah, it would never happen.

• 2 months later...

*cries*

Unlike most people, I actually enjoy X:/ No Way Out. Even though the queue for it is sometimes rediculous; X can be a really good ride.Ok, I will admit that it is not as good as other rides, such as Colossus and Nemesis Inferno, but it can still give a really good thrill! :PProject X is now ready for boarding. Passengers must remain seasted throughout the duration! :D