Croc Drop

5 hours ago, Jamess said:

@SteveJ It’s believed to be the same model as at Paultons Park - which I don’t believe features a launch? Shame about the logo, but theming looks fantastic done by Koda Creative. 

Oh yeah, for some reason I remembered it launching but it bounces a lot instead, which is still better than I expected so that's something.

It is going to be a capacity nightmare if it does a similar cycle to Magma or even half the time TBH. With slow loading times often and 20 seats available, with propably half allocated to RAP and fasttrack I see this regularly have a 90 to 120 minutes queue. 

Yes it is nice that they are (sort of) 'adding' a flat although it's more a replacement. Still, at least no loss in number of attractions I guess. 

If the ride has a long cycle, I wonder if they'll add a pre show so that the experience time is increased? Though I've begun to tire of Merlin's pre shows, it's certainly an option, and helps leave people more satisfied after a long waiting time.

24 minutes ago, Mattgwise said:

Yes it is nice that they are (sort of) 'adding' a flat although it's more a replacement. Still, at least no loss in number of attractions I guess. 

Sure, you can view it as a 'one in, one out' deal. But medium sized, established parks rarely see a new major ride outright increase the number of attractions they have anyways. It usually ends up that we see a 'one in, one out' thing, or the removal of some smaller stuff as a result.

We're getting a new family ride, thrilling enough that most people can enjoy it, replacing an aged, expensive-to-maintain, thrill ride long past its best. Maybe I'm a little biased as I don't ride top spins, but I really can't grasp the situation as a negative.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:02 AM, Mattgwise said:

It is going to be a capacity nightmare if it does a similar cycle to Magma or even half the time TBH. With slow loading times often and 20 seats available, with propably half allocated to RAP and fasttrack I see this regularly have a 90 to 120 minutes queue. 

I wouldn't count Rameses as a ride as it was dead 90% of the time. And when it was open, it was walk on.

• 2 weeks later...

Trademark on Croc Drop has been disputed by someone it seems, so maybe they'll be forced into something a bit more imaginative?

I was thinking Never Drop n Smile at a Crocodile, after the crappy kiddie drop towers.

(Although I thought Drop n Smile was a generic name for crappy kiddie drop towers so people would know what I meant, but it seems it's just the one a Southend called that so that doesn't work and I apologise for an atrocious attempt at humour)

15 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

I've heard it's going to be called Crocodile Rock instead as that doesn't break any trademarks.

Laaaaaaa, la la la laaaaaa....

@MattyMooare you being serious or are you joking and taking the mick. @MattyMoo please say it’s the latter option as Crocodile Drop is an extremely simplistic name and will hardly drawn in the crowds. If I was in charge of naming the new Drop Tower I would call it Sobeck’s Shoot Up. @MattyMoo there is a rumour going around the Theme Park community that states a Fobbidon Kingdom classic may be returning,the classic ride is question is namely none other than the one and only Forbidden Tomb!! I hope this rumour is true as having a new Drop Tower as well as the return of a classic ride in one area will make Chessington’s 2021 season brilliant. This is not including the long awaited Blue Barnacle that has just docked into Chessington in preparation for its maiden voyage next year. With these 3 investments Chessington’s 2021 season is looking to be the best in the 33 year history of Chessington being a Theme Park.

I doubt they will touch Tomb Blaster, though Blue Barnacle and a new drop tower are good enough investments IMO. It seems Merlin are taking interest in Chessington so I hope it pays off.

With names, sure it might annoy us enthusiasts. Though I don't think the general public care all too much, look at parks abroad. With roller coasters named 'roller coaster'. Sure a cool name and good theming are always neat, but I don't think the name here is life or death. Look at Six Flags parks, they basically just name everything after The Joker. I don't know, maybe I'm just happy the park is getting anything anyway. They could of replaced this a stall or something like Ripsaw or just left that plot to rot.

2 hours ago, Zappomatic said:

The park has form... Dragon Falls and Dragon's Fury, Zufari and Zafari...

@Zappomatic to be fair to Chessington Dragon Falls has been renamed to Tiger Rock. That being said your point is still valid as the area where Tiger Rock is located has been renamed to Land OF The Tiger from it’s original name of Mystic East. This means your point still stands as Chessington also have an area called Land Of The Dragons. I personally think that the employees in charge of naming the rides at Chessington need to become more inventive to prevent too much repetition as draw in more visitors & guests.

@Europa Fan Boy

4 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

I doubt they will touch Tomb Blaster, though Blue Barnacle and a new drop tower are good enough investments IMO. It seems Merlin are taking interest in Chessington so I hope it pays off.

With names, sure it might annoy us enthusiasts. Though I don't think the general public care all too much, look at parks abroad. With roller coasters named 'roller coaster'. Sure a cool name and good theming are always neat, but I don't think the name here is life or death. Look at Six Flags parks, they basically just name everything after The Joker. I don't know, maybe I'm just happy the park is getting anything anyway. They could of replaced this a stall or something like Ripsaw or just left that plot to rot.

@Europa Fanboy Theme Park Giraffe the blogger from YouTube stated that Nick Hudson one of the men behind the Tomb Blaster refurbishment,said that Forbiddon Tomb is expected to return as soon as next year.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, Theme Park Fanatic said:

With these 3 investments Chessington’s 2021 season is looking to be the best in the 33 year history of Chessington being a Theme Park.

I know sarcasm doesnt always translate well in writing, but I'm hoping I'm missing some here otherwise this might just be the most deluded themepark statement since scenic world announced orphan rockers opening date. 

14 hours ago, SteveJ said:

"Forbidden Tomb returning!!" = they are going to reuse the old sign that's still clearly visible underneath, to save paying for a new 3D one probably

@SteveJ I wonder if Abdab or any of the lost Forbidden Tomb elements of Tomb Blaster will return when the ride is changed back to how it was originally? I guess we will have to wait for four months as that is when we will find out providing Chessington does not announce the return of Forbidden Tomb prior to the start of the 2021 season. Even the return of the original richly themed Forbidden Tomb sign would be enough to make my year complete. I loathe the cheap signs that the ride building have donned since 2002. Realistically I think that the return of Tomb Blaster will consist of the return of the Forbidden Tomb sign and the removal of the targets and guns currently used throughout the ride.