Park Music

humjosh

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder where you got that information from... :) Yeah, it's called Burly Brawl by Juno Reactor & Don Davis. I have never watched the Matrix so I didn't know until I used it in a video which was tagged with that label on YouTube. This lead me to find the full length music (below). Most of the music I have heard cuts off early. However, it is still not quite the version used on Samurai because it's too long and, if I remember correctly, does not have that long quiet section. So Samurai must use an edited, shortened version of Burly Brawl.So, here, you could say, is the extended Samurai theme.

OMOGMOMOGMOGMOGOMG.Right so, a while ago, probably back in late 2008, I found/was given 'Hellgate- Storyline Preview'. It was basically just a track that explained the story of the maze (not sure if it ever played in the queueline?). Anyway, I loved the background music of the track and I randomly found the song just now. It probably won't interest anyone else but it's amazing to me :blink: If anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaef2NgwqHYThe bit used is the beginning (repeated a bit) with the first sentence.I always found it quite haunting :blink:I'd link you to the actual track I'm talking of but I only have it on my iPod, sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

One small thing getting to me at the moment is the music on park, whilst yeah its better than it has been in ages, things which have worked fine in the past are now no longer working properly.Firstly Colossus Station seems to be playing a loop of the Colossus theme, its also not the version from the ride its self as it misses out the Vortex bit and when it repeats, you get a 10 second loud burst of the area music in the station in the gap, I'm not sure why they've decided to replace the brilliant station ambiance which created an amazing atmosphere in the station, also the auto dispatch speech hasnt worked properly in a couple of years now, which is also a shame as again that was a fantastic recording and created a good atmosphere in the station. Next up Saw, it still lacks the ambiance it used to play in the inside queue line, and now the speeches in the station do not work properly, playing the wrong speech at the wrong time, that and the queue line audio has gone pretty quiet and a couple of speakers are either to quiet to hear or are not working. Inferno of course we would love to get the dispatch theme back, but not only that but the entire area around the ride seems to be dead, the mushroom speakers which used to play the theme under the loop towards the arcade are now dead and play nothing, and the bass bins at the entrance are wasted playing a few sound effects which dont make any use of them. Stealth is alot better now actually in the general area, at the far side of the q line there are dead speakers making it almost silent over there though, and for some reason the launch speech is only playing through one side of the station making it quite quiet to what it once was. Aside to that across the park there are speakers which have randomly stopped working (Beach, One outside Vortex and Rush) and one next to the depth charge photo unit actually looks like a guest has gone and yanked the cable out. I feel its quite a shame as musics something which the park does pride its self on having the best of across the parks, and they have fantastic equipment on park which is no longer being used to its potential and do hope its somthing they will look at.

I agree totally with the park music, noticed the Colossus station problem around April time. I have been at the park today and last monday and I will list some of the things I noticed about music.1. After lunch time Colossus and Samurai were completely dead of music, it was awful queuing for Colossus in silence. No music in the Colossus area or station. Speaking of Samurai I did notice a new queueline track last week which played a mix of an announcement, the start of the ride theme when it raises (begining of matrix film), part of the loading music that had been used the last couple of years , annoying bird sounds (no idea what they have to do with Samurai) and amazingly the part I used to love listening to, the pre 2006 piano loading theme but only about 15 seconds of it (I wish they would use it again as the loading track)2. Nemesis Inferno has about two speakers in the queueline quietly playing the Nemesis theme - can't they use the speakers above the queue entrance really loudly like they used to in 2003.3. Detonator still has the pathetic one speaker in the ride area that you can only vaguely here when directly sitting in front of it.4. X:/No Way Out has a tiny strectch of corridor playing the 2007 onwards theme which I actually really like but it needs to play throughout.5. Vortex kept cutting out and was low, it was much better when it used to also play the theme in the queueline around pre 2004.6. Tidal Wave area was actualy brilliant as was Stealth although the Stealthside WWTP did cut out a few times whilst queuing.7. Rush very quiet, has been most of the time8. Why can't they use the 2006 Zodiac theme in the queue, I know it wern't great but if they have it why only use it for a year and then have silence.9. Slammer's theme is brilliant, at a good volume and works well although last week it was doing what it has done several times in the past, cutting out and changing to Colossus music. The queueline was also playing the Colossus theme.10. Saw Music is just poor for a horror ride imo, even made worse due to the fact it was so low.11. Several speakers throughout Rumba Rapids still not working and haven't for about the last two seasons.12. Neptunes Kingdom's music (the old ranger county/Banana boat music) wasn't actually too bad today, played at a fairly loud volume, although did notice a lot less speakers to last year, didn't go on Depth charge so couldn't guess whether this was working as well.Can't think of anything else (yet).

In an ideal world, you'd start all over again, working out each problem, one by one. You'd get Bose in to replace every speaker that's broken and get an engineer (that knows what they're doing) to go through the whole park with the right amount of time and resources.It's a shame because Thorpe does have some impressive, very expensive equipment in place, the fact that they're just sitting there is a bit of an insult!

In an ideal world, you'd start all over again, working out each problem, one by one. You'd get Bose in to replace every speaker that's broken and get an engineer (that knows what they're doing) to go through the whole park with the right amount of time and resources.It's a shame because Thorpe does have some impressive, very expensive equipment in place, the fact that they're just sitting there is a bit of an insult!

TBH I would be surprised if many speakers are actually "broken" I suspect its more of a case of lose/broken connections over time which could be fixed if it was looked into.

Yes, I agree with MikeyT and Marc, it is probably only connections that prevent some speakers from working, although I have noticed that the Bose speakers in the electricity posts in the Amity Cove area near Tidal Wave are vibrating in the casing around them, all they need is to be secured in a better position to sound better. At Chessington WoA, in the Dragon's Fury Queue there are some Bose environmental speakers (the green ones in the ground) and when the dragon roars, they sound absolutely terrible with distortion because they are not really designed to play sounds like that continuously.

Colossus didn't have any music today. Its actually is a lot better without it. I LOVE the way the power pole speakers rattle for some reason with every over-bass burst. Sounds fantastic :DSaw internal ambience was working. Good! 1 cannon on Inferno was thumping quietly. It sounded like when someone farts then chuckles to themselves afterwards. Rather dodgy, but amusing.

I have a soft spot for the Slammer music when its raising to the top. Plus I love the males voice 'before boarding etc'Vortex has great theme music when the ride is in motion you really know you are riding with that music.The worst music at the moment is detonator because at the moment they have the music just on bells going off in the background!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really strange question, but has anyone heard Michael Buble's 'Cry Me A River' *youtube link to the song*I recognise the first 15-20 seconds; and I'm 99% sure that I recognise them from thorpe park. However I have no idea what ride/area music it is? I was thinking Colossus, but maybe its samurai or rush, or something totally different?And maybe I'm being stupid and the music isn't from thorpe at all :)

Really strange question, but has anyone heard Michael Buble's 'Cry Me A River' *youtube link to the song*I recognise the first 15-20 seconds; and I'm 99% sure that I recognise them from thorpe park. However I have no idea what ride/area music it is? I was thinking Colossus, but maybe its samurai or rush, or something totally different?And maybe I'm being stupid and the music isn't from thorpe at all :)

They're in a different key to each over, but the chords from the first part of that song bare a slight resemblance to the Colossus theme from 6.22 onwards, that song has nothing to do with Thorpe though :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...