Park Music

humjosh

Right, on the bus to school today and was listening to a grand old piece of music!If you all listen to Pirates 4D Music and listen in the background you will hear the 'creaking' sound found behind the Rack trap of SAW - The Ride! ;) it was an interesting discovery.

• 2 weeks later...

So I downloaded this free demo of a program called Fruity loops. Its basically a music making kit which is very, very good. I made a drum and bass version of Colossus, which I will try and show you guys as soon as I can. I'm not saying its brilliant, but its certainly fun to listen to.

So I downloaded this free demo of a program called Fruity loops. Its basically a music making kit which is very, very good. I made a drum and bass version of Colossus, which I will try and show you guys as soon as I can. I'm not saying its brilliant, but its certainly fun to listen to.

I have that :oits good, + nice drum and bass version of Colossus :o

Does any one know why on this video below Colossus's theme has been replaced by actual music?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLmM8S82Imw I really do hope this is NOT a permanent action because if they replace all their rides theme it will kill the atmosphere IMO! I love music however ride themes are amazing and really do make THORPE PARK more exciting and amazing!

So need to know those dates where the music changes so I can NOT go then!It is the music that creates the atmosphere of a theme park!hense the term 'theme park' and not a 'fun fair'I really do feel strongly towards themeing at a theme park and 'normal' music just ruins the atmosphere completely!!!

Theme music adds absolutely NOTHING to the queues with this style of park.The atmosphere is by far better when they have a tracklist at Thorpe. Its suits its modern day amusment park atmosphere. BUT its got to be the right songs, not a general top 10. Theming is only styling at Thorpe. Its not ment to be immersive. You have Amity, but that was back in the themed times. Modern rides like Saw, Slammer or Rush only have a brief and basic element of theming. It should no longer be classed as a "Theme" park. It should be classed as an american style 'amusment' park where the rides are the dominant features and the theme is just to make it look pretty. The queues would be better off with pounding loud tracklists that is slightly towards the theme and have the theme music in the areas and pathways and stations. They really need to chose there route in the future tbh. Go on fully with whatever style park they want to be, otherwise it will be like the wierd mish-mash that they have now, but forever onwards. Atmosphere is the main thing Thorpe struggles with.

Theme music adds absolutely NOTHING to the queues with this style of park.The atmosphere is by far better when they have a tracklist at Thorpe. Its suits its modern day amusment park atmosphere. BUT its got to be the right songs, not a general top 10. Theming is only styling at Thorpe. Its not ment to be immersive. You have Amity, but that was back in the themed times. Modern rides like Saw, Slammer or Rush only have a brief and basic element of theming. It should no longer be classed as a "Theme" park. It should be classed as an american style 'amusment' park where the rides are the dominant features and the theme is just to make it look pretty. The queues would be better off with pounding loud tracklists that is slightly towards the theme and have the theme music in the areas and pathways and stations. They really need to chose there route in the future tbh. Go on fully with whatever style park they want to be, otherwise it will be like the wierd mish-mash that they have now, but forever onwards. Atmosphere is the main thing Thorpe struggles with.

I agree with you to an extent. The themed music is slightly out of place and more modern music suits the target market and that. However, the park class themselves as an 'Experience Park', not an 'Amusement park', nor a 'Theme park'. Of course, it will never really change what the public says, but ah well. Therefore, I think that have the themed audio would work much better than modern music. It is still one thing the park are getting just about right, and they always have. Why fix something when it's not yet broken?

I think that the whole 'normal' music for Stealth and Tidal Wave works extremely well.However, I think the other themes that usually play should be back in place...

I disagree completely. Those 2 work well with modern and old music yes, but I think it suits the area much better with the older music, or else all the work that went into theming (especially Tidal) would be wasted. The Lost City flats should have normal music, if any.