Tidal Wave

Harry

And no one notices or bothers to comment.

So how do you know who has noticed and who hasn't? Oh wait, you don't. You just based your conclusion on two posts on this forum. :P When I heard it was fixed I thought it was a great improvment. But how many posts do you need all saying the same thing? I didn't feel the need to go on about 'yay for fixed effects' and 'ooh good improvment' for what must be the hundredth time. I am usually always one to praise theme parks when little things get better. This time I just didn't.Yesturday I was at Thorpe Park and I loved seeing the fixed sign. I pointed, watched, etc... Is a sign really worth writing an essay about, just to "prove myself to be a loyal fanboy" or whatever?

Electricbill.You are exactly right on the point it is just a sign. But the thing is, this sign hasn't been working since you were six years old. Ever since 2004, fanboys and enthusiasts have been banging on about the magic being lost at Thorpe, how a simple thing like a sign not working is evidence of the management not caring about their park and letting it fall into disrepair. They fix it.And on the official fan website which is practically dedicated to Thorpe Park as it is, with all its members and links, only two people can be bothered to say that the sign is properly working again. And I get mocked by you, but its exactly this lack of appreciation by its most loyal fan group that makes me wonder if they read this and think "well why should we bother fixing effects if no one is going to notice." The everyday guests aren't going to notice something as trivial as a sign flashing again. So am I really asking so much that people recognise the effort and dedication put in by Thorpe and its management team to get a sign working. If it wasn't for the lack of caring maybe we'd see things such as the Water-tower splashing water all over the place again. But if no one comments then how are Thorpe going to know people care.

I understand everything you are saying, and I think I should have shown appreciation online (I actually thought I had already at one point but could not find where), but still you can't tell everything. :P I do want improvments like this to continue because it does make a surprisingly big difference. I know what you mean about people moaning about the broken effects...

And on the official fan website which is practically dedicated to Thorpe Park as it is, with all its members and links, only two people can be bothered to say that the sign is properly working again. And I get mocked by you, but its exactly this lack of appreciation by its most loyal fan group that makes me wonder if they read this and think "well why should we bother fixing effects if no one is going to notice." The everyday guests aren't going to notice something as trivial as a sign flashing again. So am I really asking so much that people recognise the effort and dedication put in by Thorpe and its management team to get a sign working. If it wasn't for the lack of caring maybe we'd see things such as the Water-tower splashing water all over the place again. But if no one comments then how are Thorpe going to know people care.

I do agree. To be honest, when Ricky pointed it out, I did realise it, but it was only then that I did. Then again, I very rarely bother Tidal Wave, but that's no excuse. You also say how 2 people notice how the Tidal Wave sign was fixed. As far as I'm aware, no one has mentioned about the removal of the Sea Snakes and Ladders (or whatever it was called) play area by Depth Charge, or the extra paving CC side if the Slammer toilets.. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Its not as simple as that, I dont know how it works but its much more complecated.Today, Tidal Wave had the flashy things on the sign working. The queue got up to 45 minutes in the last 15 minutes of closing.The water tower had its little door open but no one was near it.Also the splash didnt even reach the splash zone, I tried to get wet like 10 times and it never got me at all.

Its not as simple as that, I dont know how it works but its much more complecated.Today, Tidal Wave had the flashy things on the sign working. The queue got up to 45 minutes in the last 15 minutes of closing.The water tower had its little door open but no one was near it.Also the splash didnt even reach the splash zone, I tried to get wet like 10 times and it never got me at all.

The water tower always has it's door open. It's been like that since it stopped working. Oh well, it makes it look more 'damaged'.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely it can't be TOO hard to fix the effects on Tidal Wave, the water spraying from the bathroom, the organ coming from the church, the water gushing from the tower and the fire exploding from the drum. Couldn't they just shove one of those fire machine thingies they have during Fright Nights in it?

Out of the effects the only one likely to get fixed will be the water tower. The fire is out of the question, the pipes that feed the gas have corroded through and the machine is completely fubarred with it not working for so long and the multiple pigeon nests that now reside in the ball. As for the water being green it'll be to do with the chlorine levels and filters. After heavy rainfall it mucks up the water level and does something to the chlorination stuff. So basically its just a little bit of algae in the water making it green. completely harmless. Finally the water not hitting the splash zone happens all the time depending on the direction of the wind!

• 4 months later...
Posted ImageI just came across this image again. Does anybody know what has become of this "Catastrophe Kate" wheel feature on the Thorpe Mega Store? I am perhaps not as familiar with that area as I should be, but as far as I know, one wheel has a hole in it and is used for an entrance to the store and the other side is themed to Octopus Gardens next to the toilets. I do not recognise this "Catastrophe Kate" wheel. Did it have a hole knocked in it or something to become the entrance to the shop? The photo below is what I am talking about...Posted ImageAfter comparing the two photos closely it does seem as if they are the same wheel. Such a shame it got a big hole banged into it... oh well. Quite interesting though.By the way, this photo is from the website of the company who designed the façades and theming for Amity Cove when Tidal Wave was built (they also did Rattlesnake, Transylvania and Forbidden Kingdom at Chessington).

Defo the same by looks of things...Since it was always a shop, the main entrance (into Octopus Gardens) wasn't enough and rather claustrophobic when busy...Hence, another entrance was made... Simple solution here... Help reduce everyone trying to get in and out of one section by building another in the side...

• 2 weeks later...

Surely it can't be TOO hard to fix the effects on Tidal Wave, the water spraying from the bathroom, the organ coming from the church, the water gushing from the tower and the fire exploding from the drum. Couldn't they just shove one of those fire machine thingies they have during Fright Nights in it?

That wouldnt work as when the wave from the ride went inside it would break the fire box and it would be exactly the same how it is now, exept with another box inside it.