Thorpe Park 2023

ML27

On 11/7/2023 at 12:11 PM, Glitch said:

Thorpe to Imascore….

Hi we have a new rollercoaster being built could you produce the music please…

imascore… sure thing that will be xxx

thorpe… oh that’s a little bit high, perhaps we will get our crew to do it….

imascore…. How about you offer us a seminar with your enthusiasts to bring the cost down slightly.

thorpe…. Sure thing! Let’s sell this out!!

in all seriousness I wonder if this is the day in which the music for hyperia will be signed off and handed over to the park and then this event is a little add on to make some east money?

They are also producing a new entrance and dome theme to be fair!

Event was posted on the Thorpe annual pass Facebook group 

image.thumb.png.ff7d357366654621d862e9aa8bafb5b2.png

The new Hyperia teaser photos have something a little unusual on them... notice how the logo on the bottom right is blurred, but only partially. The word 'Thorpe' is still (for the most part) intact, whilst the 'Park' is totally obscured. Could this be a hint towards Thorpe Park dropping the 'Park' from its branding?

I'm in two minds about this.

Firstly, I know that the park and lots of enthusiasts have referred to it simply as just 'Thorpe' for many years, so can totally see them rebranding as just that.

On the other hand, being a park called 'Thorpe Park' but branding themselves as 'An Island Like No Other' is a bit contradictory. I wonder if 'Thorpe Island' is on the cards for the rebrand? Would make the brand a lot more coherent, but on the other side the park may move away from 'The Park Like No Other' branding entirely next year too.

Either way, if I wasn't excited about this rebrand before, I most definitely am now.

image.thumb.png.7cbe9d89f76822aee3c5db939fc90f9c.png

EDIT: Just looked at the previous Hyperia update from the 28th October and the same thing is apparent here too... albeit less of the logo is obscured. So, perhaps this is simply the park 'erasing' the logo as the updates go on, before finally being revealed bit by bit the opposite way after the logo is entirely obscured. Who knows!

8 minutes ago, coasterverse said:

EDIT: Just looked at the previous Hyperia update from the 28th October and the same thing is apparent here too... albeit less of the logo is obscured. So, perhaps this is simply the park 'erasing' the logo as the updates go on, before finally being revealed bit by bit the opposite way after the logo is entirely obscured. Who knows

I expect this is the idea. Slowly fading out the old and then bringing in the new.

Changing the whole name of the park, even if to Thorpe Island, would be a huge thing, and quite risky, for ultimately very little reward.

If a park rename is happning, I feel it is to be more than just "Thorpe", such as "Thorpe Island" as has been mentioned or something else with more than just the word "Thorpe".

Otherwise it would be a bit like being renaming Alton Towers to just Alton, or Chessington World of Adeventures to just Chessington; both of which are general place names.

On a completley diffrent subject, I wonder when will the park get their next flat ride like Rush, Vortex, Samurai, Slammer (Defuct of course), etc... I tend to find flat rides more thrilling than coasters.

1 hour ago, ML27 said:

I have a feeling they are gonna remove reference to it being a resort. I’ve noticed it’s used a lot less…

I hope so - they need to decide what they want to do one way or another. Removing themselves as a resort now doesn't mean they can't go back to it in the future, but being a resort right now clearly doesn't align with their vision.

In my opinion, until a purpose-built hotel is made with various pieces of out of hours entertainment, the park will never be a resort and should not be advertised as such. It's borderline misleading to be honest.

• 1 month later...

More details about some of the work happening as park of the 'sparkle project' announced, including repainting Samurai back to its original red and black. 

Nice to see them spending a good amount of money on TLC. With multiple repainted rides, a new coaster, a refurbished area + more Thorpe is really going to look the best its done in years!

All sounds great! So good to hear Colossus’s theming is being repaired and even added to. And the Stealth entrance finally being repaired.

Always thought they should’ve rethemed Samurai / painted it black when they built Saw next to it. But quite funny they’re doing it now after saying they want the park to be brighter and lighter 😅 

I’d say Zodiac is the flat most in need of a repaint, just to give it its original colour scheme. Maybe next year!

IMG_3486.jpeg