Slammer

Artie

I reckon if Slammer has one more major problem, they'll just have to call it a day. After all, there's only so long you can put up with a ride which is a constant drain on resources and isn't open enough to be worthwhile.

Presumably it's still testing trying to get the necessary H&S seals of approvals that would normally happen before a ride opens after closed season. For the park's sake, here's hoping it opens in time for Easter Weekend!

I've always been a fan of Slammer and one who's enjoyed riding it (when it was open), however seeing that's it's still down and not open nearly 10 months after closing, I'm starting to think its almost not worth keeping seeing that it only spends a small portion of the season open.

I reckon if Slammer has one more major problem, they'll just have to call it a day. After all, there's only so long you can put up with a ride which is a constant drain on resources and isn't open enough to be worthwhile.

Presumably it's still testing trying to get the necessary H&S seals of approvals that would normally happen before a ride opens after closed season. For the park's sake, here's hoping it opens in time for Easter Weekend!

For some strange reason I feel like I've read something like this before. :rolleyes:

It hasn't got a problem with H&S. But with opening a new ride each season, it first has to be tested by engineering, then checked by the external companies, then finally handed to the rides department for new training purposes. Considering how much of the ride system will have been changed with the prolonged downtime, that of course amounts to a lot of testing with each department. I believe it's in the latter stages though...

Park Outlook posted earlier that it was open and put a picture of it that is obviously old (old queue time sign and it wasn't wet today) and then they said it was closed for testing and posted a video of it testing.

The rate they're having to test it to get it to open it'll break before they can actually open it!

The whirring does sound more prominent than before, but that might just be down to new parts still breaking in / because the ride hasn't been operating that long?

The speed doesn't seem much different to me though; can't quite remember how the ride looked offride though!

There is a chance that the frequency of the whirring sound has, by pure chance, been picked up more than the other sounds, creating a false effect of amplification. As for the ride speed, I think it is the same as normal, but the angle that the video was taken from causes lateral movement to appear faster than it actually is (In laymans terms, if you are to look at a 2 bladed fan from one side, it appears to speed up when the blades are facing directly towards you and then slow down when the blades are not facing towards you, if you were to look at the same fan from above, you would realise that it is travelling at the same speed all the time eg: it is only a matter of visual perception).

Annoying that it hasn't been testing today, was hoping it was going to open pretty soon.

It's appalling that Thorpe don't have anywhere on the website saying that it's closed.

I agree, they used to have a banner on their home page naming the rides which are unavailable.

With both Towers and Chessington displaying que times online, and Chessinton naming which ones are unavailable, hopefully we will see something like this for Thorpe soon.