Slammer

Artie

a lot of rides make noises like that. For example a kmg freakout or inversion makes a noise similar to that of slammer but you cant hear it due to the loud noise as a lot of these rides are only at funfairs. You can only hear slammers machines whirring as it does not have loud music to drown it out. :)

I was referencing to the testing video. Thankfully its no longer making the sound of a dying cat in a washing machine. 

Thank you!

On paper, Swarm's baggage room isn't understaffed as it has to open with two. It needs more than two. It needs about ten people in there. :P

Went on monday, queues of 30 minutes to get bags backing right back into the right hand of the station. Dreadful... At PA now with no bag drops so much less hassle with boxes on platforms for shambhala etc. Much less effort.

Thing with boxes is the chance for **** to get nicked (the very reason they introduced baggage holds in first place - and to try and speed up throughputs).

Though a perfectly rotating safe system which suits perfectly where you load and offload in same place - sorted!!

I think the problem lies with the fact that they can't/don't batch guests into the loading area until the ride before it is over and has been cleared, not necessarily a problem with the actual ride itself (although if that was the case I wouldn't be surprised).

I think the problem lies with the fact that they can't/don't batch guests into the loading area until the ride before it is over and has been cleared, not necessarily a problem with the actual ride itself (although if that was the case I wouldn't be surprised).

I really want to know the reason for this, I don't get why they can't.

Had a couple of rides on the beast last weekend and forgot how great the ride is and why it' my favourite flat ride in the world (Rush 2nd).

The free fall is great fun, throttling towards the ground and up again three times and then a further three times in reverse (I'm probably babbling on about things I've said in the past) but I just really enjoy riding Slammer and am happy to have ridden it once again.

Staff were rather tense when loading and tried to be very specific when it came to batching (probably in case they break the ride and it's broken for a lengthly time again). Also the sign still isn't properly restored yet on the entrance (probably a sign they're not putting too much faith in the ride in case it breaks again).

Glad it's back running, I just hope it can reach the end of season this time, otherwise I don't know if they'll bother fixing up again .

I was at Thorpe the other day and got in the park at around 9:30. Me and my mates all went straight to Slammer what was open and with no queue. We had to wait around 5 odd mins just to get on the ride and then we sat there for 10 mins waiting for it to launch. By the time our run through was over the whole queue line was basically full and that's probably like a hour queue. When it should be less due to the amount of rides the can ride at once.

I was at Thorpe the other day and got in the park at around 9:30. Me and my mates all went straight to Slammer what was open and with no queue. We had to wait around 5 odd mins just to get on the ride and then we sat there for 10 mins waiting for it to launch. By the time our run through was over the whole queue line was basically full and that's probably like a hour queue. When it should be less due to the amount of rides the can ride at once.

And this is why it had an hour long queue, rather than it being 'popular'...

I'm sure a few years back that queue when full was only 30-45 minutes...

Only has an hour queue because it only does around 288 people per hour (that's probably maximum - 48 people every 10 minutes is what I've said there, which sounds a maximum realisticness).

The thing is though, It shouldn't be taking 10 minutes to offload, load and check restraints should it? 

Also I have a feeling they may be under instruction to have slow operations to prolong the life span of it, a bit like what rita does. 

Oh yeah, Stealth has that problem too. Because you know, Intamin Accelerators can launch at any time; and don't like need to park the train up or anything... Rita operates the same as Stealth, train parks up, all guests get off, the train launches. That's not slow operation to prolong life span, it's called the ride operation because if the train isn't clear it can't be advanced, and if it doesn't advance where does it stop? In waiting, which *can* cause the ride to shut itself down thinking there's an issue.

Moving on.

Slammer needs a batcher available to fill up the gates during the ride duration. Without a batcher it won't happen, but I think an issue alies with there being a lack of trained staff available on the daily; which is more fool Thorpe; but something I'd expect we'd see rectified as quickly as is possible.

Ritas accumulators have been slowly dying and they are under instruction to not operate the ride at maximum throughput all day. 

I'm sure Stealth had something similar to this a few years ago at fright nights, it wasn't so much they were told to run slow it was that the ride would take longer than normal to recharge the system and allow the next launch so the staff going slower just stopped guests being sat there on the train ready to go for ages. 

They seem to be a lot more intricate with the batching process aswell if that makes sense, as in ensuring the numbers are balanced etc. but I'd have thought they'd be able to do it quicker than that anyway? Hopefully they'll sort out this issue before the end of the season/Slammer knackers itself out for good.

Slammer was closed pretty much all day today, it opened at about 4:20 but had closed again between then and 4:50.

The batching was dreadful of Wednesday, when people have said on here that it took 15 minutes to batch I thought there might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but it took that, if not more.

There were 2 people in each console, 1 was coming out to check restraints and batch, and one was operating but they were still not batching while the ride was in operation. They waited until everyone had exited the ride. When they did batch, they just let the chain go, they didn't count people in each row meaning that once everyone was behind the air gates they had to count us a couple of times. Why they didn't count us in I have no idea. Once they had that sorted they waited about 2 minutes before opening the air gates and then we were waiting in our seats for another couple of minutes before they locked the restraints. They couldn't of checked the restraints any slower to be honest.

When we were on the ride, we then got stopped numerous times after going up not even half way, one of the times was because staff not putting there thumbs up. After that they they needed to get us back behind the air gates and test it. Not sure why, probably because they had to stop it so many times :P 

Anyway what could of been a 5 minute ended up being a 20 minute+ wait which is a shame. I'm not sure if they have been told to wait a certain amount of time before they let guests on and lock the restraints or not? Hopefully the batching can improve though and if for whatever reason they have been told to wait a certain amount of time before loading, this problem can get resolved and they can continue with normal operation :D