Slammer

Artie

Some rumour given that they state on the website Samurai will be open next season?

I guess if the problem is found and resolved quicker than expected, then anything's possible. Even if Thorpe knew it would be a few weeks out of action, it's probably better of them to say it's out of action for the rest of the season (ie about 6-7 weeks) instead of saying it's "unavailable today" constantly / saying it will open in a few weeks time and have that backfire. I guess some could even see it as a bonus that a ride which is meant to be unavailable until next season opens this season (though, really, it isn't a 'bonus', but just shows how well the engineering team is working..). To be honest, the rumour of Samurai moving near Swarm is more unbelievable - where exactly could it go, why would they do it and what would take Samurai's position? I certainly think that that rumour had no legs and was a false lead. :)

As for Slammer, work is seemingly going on from what members on here have said. Also, some new, blacked-out fencing has gone up near Slammer, which I think happened the last time work went on before it reopened following an extended period of downtime...

Posted Image

I have a feeling thats purely there because of The Passing being built there

I think this is for Slammer. There is a fence here and another by the other side of the toilets, which makes Slammer completely inaccessible.

There is also a fence near the lockers which blocks the walkway which is has a sign about The Passing; I think that's more being used to advertise The Passing than due to any work.

I believe that where The Passing is (the old Hellgate location) couldn't be reached when the Slammer area was opened was there was a fence which prevents people gaining access.

It definitely was on there a few days ago as the scrolling message was saying.

"Samurai is currently unavailable... Samurai is currently out of action..."

No it hasn't! Since they've had it on Slammer page, they took it off the homepage scroller. You must be thinking about the Stealth message. Slammer hasn't been on the scroller for months now.

No it hasn't! Since they've had it on Slammer page, they took it off the homepage scroller. You must be thinking about the Stealth message. Slammer hasn't been on the scroller for months now.

There's no need to bite my head off. If you have an opinion then thats fine; as do I. I'm just stating what I've seen. If you've seen different then you've seen different. No need to be rude.