Music

Phill

You should go to my Sixth Form. It's such a snobbish place, especially when it comes to music. Everyone is 'indie' (which sort of contradicts the whole thing; none of them are indie in the slightest) because they have bright blue skinny jeans, their granddad's woollen fleece, moccasins, and Glastonbury armbands.It's like an army have just raided Top Shop and River Island. This is the kind of place where SuperDry is considered chavvy and Jack Wills, Hollister and Abercrombie & Fitch are the only brands you should be seen in, and anyone wearing anything unbranded is instantly an inferior and an outcast. Urgh.

Reading back, my posts are a tad trivial... :blush:If I ever stereotype (I openly admit that, for the sake of arguments only, I do), it's not in the sense that I wish to wholly offend, or at least, not without a little bit of satire in there for good measure. :) I stereotype mainly because it makes it easier to address as certain 'type', as it were. And in a society (let's take my school, for example) where conformity is converged with expensive branded clothing and a rebellion against anything remotely 'mainstream', it just seems like an easy way of say, 'grouping' certain people so others know whom it is you're referring to. Crude as it sounds, it's not as backhanded as it might seem since the majority of the group I was concerned with are practically identical in appearance and personality, with no real wish to change much of that.

If I ever stereotype (I openly admit that, for the sake of arguments only, I do), it's not in the sense that I wish to wholly offend, or at least, not without a little bit of satire in there for good measure. :) I stereotype mainly because it makes it easier to address as certain 'type', as it were. And in a society (let's take my school, for example) where conformity is converged with expensive branded clothing and a rebellion against anything remotely 'mainstream', it just seems like an easy way of say, 'grouping' certain people so others know whom it is you're referring to. Crude as it sounds, it's not as backhanded as it might seem since the majority of the group I was concerned with are practically identical in appearance and personality, with no real wish to change much of that.

Posted Image