Samurai

Phill

Thorpe have confirmed samurai is likely to be closed for the rest of the season.

Shame as this does happen every year, I think the park need to invest in a ride which is suited for theme parks and will genuinely last. Samurai has been the worst reliability this season and has been one of the worse in the last few seasons. I think its high time that thorpe replace it as much as I like the ride, theres no use having a ride in a theme park which is down for the end of the season every single year.

How did they confirm this?

Tbh I'm not surprised Thorpe have stated this as the ride has been closed without life now for at least 3 weeks now and bad been doing very much the same the 2 previous too (I.E not making it to the last day of season).

Very glad I rode it on preview night (as the ride died (completely) the Friday after. Can't see the ride having very long left if this happens next year and after (if it even survives that long).

• 4 months later...

Thorpe Park have said on Facebook that the only rides scheduled to be closed tomorrow are Slammer and Detonator, so they are planning on having Samurai open tomorrow! It's been testing today. Hopefully it'll be more reliable this year after the work it's had done over closed season.

Thorpe Park have said on Facebook that the only rides scheduled to be closed tomorrow are Slammer and Detonator, so they are planning on having Samurai open tomorrow! It's been testing today. Hopefully it'll be more reliable this year after the work it's had done over closed season.

Why's Detonator shut now?  :rolleyes:

Good that Samurai will be open though!

Lets hope it's more reliable, but we also said this last year!

I remember back in 2013 where the arms were oiled so that the pods were flipping much easier than usual; this also meant it was run on a slower setting however produced the same overall intensity.

As for the cycle intensity itself, there are several cycles programmed by the engineers and a member of staff will choose one of these cycles when they "log in" to operate the ride. Many a time last year I asked for the most intense cycle however was refused as it was apparently "too difficult" to change the cycle until a new operator came over at staff changeover.

Thanks Mark :D

Anyone know which ones are the best, is it like 1 being the worst and 6 the best? Are they likely to give you 6 if you ask?

Back in the day (2004/5/6) 5 used to be the best.

The way it used to be was the higher setting the better it was - will have been reprogrammed so many times since though it's hard to know if that's still the case