Samurai

Phill

No way I love Samurai sad to see it down again if its the last time hope they replace it with another Top Scan.

I think through Slammer, we have been given a good indication of the lengths in which Thorpe are willing to go to in order to keep their rides. Whilst Samurai's reliability record isn't spotless, I'd be shocked if it was as close to the scrap heap as Slammer has come.

• 2 months later...

I think Samurai should be taken to Mondial and stripped down and repainted back to the colours it was in at chessington and try to tie it into SAW a little bit. Maybe make the restraints blood red and bring back the lights they had on the gondolas and hub whilst it was at Chessington but make them LED lights so it looks really nice.

Never really understood why they kept the original name, and why they didn't try to theme it to Canada Creek (which in turn would have meant that the original Haunted Sawmill concept for Saw would have been kept as well)...

No point doing it now though, although wouldn't put it past Merlin if they're struggling for filler ideas for next year...

• 4 weeks later...

Has Samurai been up and working well recently as me and my mates are going fights nights Sunday and it's the only ride they haven't been on. Has it been up and running well or is it another day we arrive and it's down...

Except for its downtime last week due to a new part needing to be fitted, Samurai has been very reliable for a number of weeks. I would guess that it should be fine on Sunday!

Thanks a lot, go straight to it for opening on Sunday and then Slammer incase the do break down...

I wouldn't recommend going to Samurai first thing in the morning as 15 people are needed to ride Samurai, not many people are around that area most mornings and it will take a while to gather 15 people to ride it. You're better off going on Colossus and Saw first as after that there will be enough people there wanting to ride. 

Slammer doesn't seem to open until at least 11 this season. It will also close between around 2:30 - 3:30 for 15 minutes for checks. It never seems to get big queues so there's no need to go on it first thing :) 

Just to warn you Slammer doesn't normally open till around 11am ish

ah that's ok... Saws there. Last time I went about a month ago we got in at 9:30 went straight to Slammer and got on with no one but me and my 5 mates on the ride. Still took 15 mins to set it off...and my way back to samurai... hope it gets themed to s a w