Samurai

Phill

Spoke to an engineer working on the ride today. He said there's nothing wrong with the ride they've just basically completely rebuilt it and it isn't ready yet. He said it should run a lot faster as a new pump has been fitted, which is good news! :)

I'll believe it when I see it.

Samurai is one of my favourite flat rides (well, Top Scan's are). And it's no secret it runs slow because it's cracked. So unless they've stuck more polyfiller in it, it's gonna be dismally slow again before long.

Waaaaaaaaaa - a crack?! Ok that is a tad unnerving! - ah well - hopefully it will be sorted soon. Although I am in the minority here, I don't think I would cope well if it ran on a really intense setting - I can only ever sit on the inside bit, think I would be ill if I sat on the outer edge of the pod. I remember one day last year when it was really windy and it seemed more intense though that was obvs the wind wafting into my face at stupid speed. Also with the restraints - I got a bit worried when I felt them moving and thought "right that is it, I'm going to be catapulted out" - not that I am a pessimist :ph34r:

Waaaaaaaaaa - a crack?! Ok that is a tad unnerving! - ah well - hopefully it will be sorted soon. Although I am in the minority here, I don't think I would cope well if it ran on a really intense setting - I can only ever sit on the inside bit, think I would be ill if I sat on the outer edge of the pod. I remember one day last year when it was really windy and it seemed more intense though that was obvs the wind wafting into my face at stupid speed. Also with the restraints - I got a bit worried when I felt them moving and thought "right that is it, I'm going to be catapulted out" - not that I am a pessimist :ph34r:

No need to worry - it wouldn't open if there was any slight chance of any problems!

so hopefully it should be ready by the time I go on the 27th :D

Well he did end the conversation with a huff and saying 'Yeah a long way to go yet' so probably won't be ready for opening, but yeah maybe the 27th! Hopefully they'll have Slammer up by then as well!

When it went from Chessington back to Mondial to be refurbed they found significant cracks to integral parts of the ride which could not and would not have been picked up by routine maintenance. If left unchecked they would eventually have lead to a catastrophic failure.

It isn't just rumour; the discovery led to a safety bulletin being released to all owners which is published, the fault was shown in detail and was clearly the Chessington model. For those after sauce it is in the depths of LTCi technical bulletins, but can't be bothered to search through it.

The upshot is of course that regular checks are now in place for similar issues should they occur, so the ride is perfectly safe. And it is really really safe when no one is on it, like now!

Samurai was testing this afternoon at about 2ish. Don't know if it ended up opening today, but I'd be willing to bet it'll be open by the weekend! :D

That's awesome! Was it running any faster than it used to? An engineer told me that it had a new pump.