Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

*Tries to drag this topic back into relevance*So What do people think of the reccent pictures of the exterior station facade? Obviously can't really tell too much from the pictures but it looks very indrustrial and has a particularly sinister feel to it.Been thinking (uh oh we're all in trouble), at what stage do people think the whole Saw concept came into the equation? I'd hope it's been talked about from day one and those early concept art images were literally just "mock" ones incase the deal with Lionsgate fell through. Who knows (Thorpe). Maybe something to ask in the questions thread?Meh, I tried :)

I don't think people understand. Saw isn't part of Canada Creek at all. Thorpe even said this. It is a ride on it's own island with it's own area. It is totally detached from Canada Creek. The name 'Canada Creek Coaster' is merely a name given to it so people know roughly where it is. This was all said by Thorpe themselves!

If you look HERE then you will realise Thorpe are saying it will be in CC for ease for them to locate. It is pointless creating a whole new area for one attraction and one shop that can't expand (as it is on a island) and it is pointless changing CC into a theme which is too strong to keep going for many rides. It is also pointless shoe-horning it in with CC to make it 'fit in'.Therefore, the ride will be in CC, but with no actual relevance to CC, but to just make it easier for the staff to loacte. Got it?

I think its quite a good idea to get rid of the areas, I can't stand them personally, at Thorpe it seems a bit tacky, without them is fine :rolleyes:And in response to the idea about characters from the films being around the area, I think this would be a great opportunity and worth taking on Thorpe's behalf. Jigsaw's Doll on the bike would be a good idea and maybe some bloodied up people running around, but then this would probably have to be age restricted, posing a problem...I know it sounds harsh on under 15's, but I would love to see it have that certificate for the ride and surrounding area because then at least the ride/station/area could be a little more extreme, rather than having to be limited cause there could be young children around. Thorpe Park are solidly in the "thrill park" status and I would like to see a little more "thrill" from this ride and less family friendliness.

I think its quite a good idea to get rid of the areas, I can't stand them personally, at Thorpe it seems a bit tacky, without them is fine

They haven't removed the areas though, each area still exists, its just rather than classifying the rides into areas on the map, they classify them into levels of thrill.

I know it sounds harsh on under 15's, but I would love to see it have that certificate for the ride and surrounding area because then at least the ride/station/area could be a little more extreme

Tbh theres only so far the themeing can go until some riders may start to find it uncomfortable and not enjoy the experience. I think a sign at the entrance giving a vague idea of some of the themeing involved and how it may not be approporaite for some guests would work fine.

I think its quite a good idea to get rid of the areas, I can't stand them personally, at Thorpe it seems a bit tacky, without them is fine :rolleyes:And in response to the idea about characters from the films being around the area, I think this would be a great opportunity and worth taking on Thorpe's behalf. Jigsaw's Doll on the bike would be a good idea and maybe some bloodied up people running around, but then this would probably have to be age restricted, posing a problem...I know it sounds harsh on under 15's, but I would love to see it have that certificate for the ride and surrounding area because then at least the ride/station/area could be a little more extreme, rather than having to be limited cause there could be young children around. Thorpe Park are solidly in the "thrill park" status and I would like to see a little more "thrill" from this ride and less family friendliness.

I agree with what Iskander said, just a warning that some theming may disturb or be not suitable for some guests would do fine, instead of casting out hundreds of guests wanting to ride.And getting rid of the areas would destroy the atmosphere that is left, and turn Thorpe into a rides plonked into the ground type of park.

And in response to the idea about characters from the films being around the area, I think this would be a great opportunity and worth taking on Thorpe's behalf. Jigsaw's Doll on the bike would be a good idea and maybe some bloodied up people running around, but then this would probably have to be age restricted, posing a problem...I know it sounds harsh on under 15's, but I would love to see it have that certificate for the ride and surrounding area because then at least the ride/station/area could be a little more extreme, rather than having to be limited cause there could be young children around. Thorpe Park are solidly in the "thrill park" status and I would like to see a little more "thrill" from this ride and less family friendliness.

I think that it isn't a good idea having the entire area not suitable for under whatever. For families, it would mean having to drop their children off too far from them, and that could cause distress for parent and child - espically with how the world is today.Also, having all that theming would be costly - espically with actors. I think the queue will have plenty of theming - and too much theming would be bad.(P.S. The ride WILL be suitable for at least 12 and overs - or else they wouldn't be able to enter the Ride it First competition.)

The ride WILL be suitable for at least 12 and overs - or else they wouldn't be able to enter the Ride it First competition

That might not be true as Stealth Ride It First you had to be 16 to enter..

2. Entrants must be 16 years of age or over. Entrants under 18 years of age will require parent(s)/guardian(s) consent to accept a prize and be accompanied by a parent/guardian. The draw is open to UK residents only, excluding employees of The Tussauds Group and their immediate families, their agents, contractors or consultants or anyone professionally connected with the draw.