Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

Some of the squeaking will be down to the cars getting used to the track. The other part is, was it wet or damp that day?I know for a fact that Gerstlauer coasters do squeal a lot when it rains, Cobra at Paultons is good example of that. Most Eurofighters do squeal anyway.

And a press preview this early? I can totally envisage massive publicity coverage for this ride.

I detect a lot of sarcasm/untruth from Alex's post, especially considering he edited a picture with him by Saw and put it as his avatar :P.It would be awsaume to see Saw testing in February, makes a nice change from going and looking at a mud island on the last two February's.

He didn't mention in his post that he was at Thorpe doing his R.I.T. He just said what people were doing at the park.James is right - Merlin UK Parks do, do loads of assessments.For example,I re-applied to Chessie and after I didn't recieve an auto-confirm email, I phoned and was told they've had over 1000 applications. Even people with uni qualifications AND people who are "older-than-youths" will apply to Chessie because they're out of work due to the economical recession. The reason why some people this year might not get a response is because loads of people with families to support need the jobs - and we are supported by our parents, so the people with the families to support need it more than us.All cars should be on site since its Feb in days time and the ride opens on the 14th and they will need to do tests and complete themeing etc.

Oh, joy, squealing to drown out the thundering noise of Colossus in the cobra roll, and the hissing of Slammer. So Saw will squeal along with it's riders.Huh? :P You rode it?

My sqealing on Saw will be a manly roar thank you very much :P:P As for Josh, he lives in Chertsey so would have experienced the rain, not the ride.

The video was pretty well put together and showed off the ride very well, well done to all involved with making the video. :P Hopefully the squealing noise won't remain for long as it would be pretty annoying if you were in a long queue! I'm excited again now that I have a new SAW video to watch over and over again for the first time in 2 months. :PIt also gives me the excuse to look at whatever SAW stuff I want, my mum & dad never let me before, since it's an 18. Now I claim to be "researching THORPE PARK's new rollercoaster" (when I'm actually watching SAW 2 on YouTube) :P

The video was pretty well put together and showed off the ride very well, well done to all involved with making the video. :P Hopefully the squealing noise won't remain for long as it would be pretty annoying if you were in a long queue!

Which is odd since in another topic you said next year your favourite noise will end up being Saw's squeeling? :P

Surely by now they would only have theming left to do on park...It would be great to see some shots of it as its coming along, but I'm wondering if they want to keep it secret until the opening.Ride its self looks excellent, although lift seems to take a long time and I'm still worried about capacity. They may say the capacity is good but I doubt Thorpe will be able to keep up with the top mark capacity Gerslauer give the Eurofighter.