Saw- Construction Thread

Phill

hey just wondering are they not having the little tunnel things before and after the lift hill and drop no more.

Remember, that little tunnel thing is drawn in concept, so won't be exactly like it. However from what we've seen, you can see it will still have the head chopper section at the bottom of the drop..metal blades, covered in blood... OUCH!

I have too admit, this is the best video Thorpe have released so far! And it's nice to see that the Immelman exit has a very nice whip to it - should offer quite a bit of force. And the Air-Time Hill looks gorgeous! The car seems to sail over it just as it should be done, we can expect a lot of Air-Time on that beauty. :P

Do you live near to the park or far away?This footage is great, it seems a loud, just like Colossus is when it's running, so I guess, unlike Stealth, the supports haven't been filled in with sand? But to see a train finally hit the track and go around is wicked! It certainly goes through the inline twists well and looks fab, the thing that makes it look fab is just a little car unlike a long train going through the inlines.Is it me or does it look cute, just one little car at a time working it's way through? It's a first for Thorpe, as we're used to long trains wrapping themselves around the tracks, whereas this has kinda been seen at Chessington and Alton Towers before, with Dragons Fury and Oblivion cars.Is that really the speed of the tower lift? That's slow! I expected to see it winched up at the speed of Dragon Fury's lift hill. Mind you, the way the cars will hit it, you'll be taken up the first 25% of the tower by that wonderful thing known as gravity.Posted Image

It looks a lot faster than Nemesis or Colossus

Yes, also don't forget that the commissioning of the ride also involves getting the exact speed for official sources.

OMFG, this loooks amazing, excuse me while I have a Saw the ride orgasm :P

We'll excuse you. :P

I don't want to see your dissapointed reaction then when it hits the block brakes before the lift hill.

Ahh. :P

Is the station going to be that bright? I thought it was going to be realy dark inside to create atmosphere becuase it looks like the car comes into the station without going through a dark bit first.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but the station may not be finished yet.

I live in Cheadle, Stoke which is 5 Miles from Alton Towers where I also work part time lol. I really want to come to thorpe just to try the four big coasters: Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, Stealth and now SAW: The Ride

If you come, I will show you around Thorpe. :P

Is the station going to be that bright? I thought it was going to be realy dark inside to create atmosphere becuase it looks like the car comes into the station without going through a dark bit first.

it will be more dark the theming is yet two be finished and the lights and stuff have to be fitted so no it wont be like that at all

Do not deface that amazing logo ever again.

I'd say it was a much need improvement. :PI wonder how much effort they actually put into the amking of that video. There are multiple cameras and camera angles all taken from one ride circuit. It seems very professional for a relatovely short clip aimed at fan boys and getting the message across further (as they haven't added it to their site or anything). I can't wait to see the official TV advert, considering what we are getting, and have already got, had been very good.

I doubt the station will look exactly like that, they still have lots of work to do still. Otherwise it'd be opening in February and not March.